Canti- Robot Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bopx

I started this about a year ago, but never got around to actually finishing it. I'm still trying to figure out the best method for putting together the legs... Ideas anyone? (Canti is a character from FLCL: http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/flcl/canti/flcl_canti0028.jpg http://api.ning.com/files/cMXiAzUkm...UXUBY37j0oOlfeJl8fPz3bM7Ng5qnnKh68/flcl14.jpg ...sometimes he is red but I'm doing the blue version. that pic is just shape reference)

All done from scratch- see, you dont always need to rely on pepakura!

Also: sorry if this is in wrong forum topic :\

Progress pics:

[attachment=16591:cantiwip2.jpg] [attachment=16592:cantiwip1.jpg]

[attachment=16593:cantiwip3.jpg]

[attachment=16594:cantiwip4.jpg]

[attachment=16595:cantiwip5.jpg] [attachment=16596:cantiwip6.jpg]

[attachment=16598:wip.jpg] [attachment=16597:cantiicon.jpg]

It looks great, and welcome to the 405th!

Now if you can starve yourself to a point where your stomach turns.. Well.. About 12 inches in diameter. *Shudder*

Edit:

Oh, the legs? If I was you, I'd get a red version of those black tights, build the extruding part at the top of the pants out of cardboard, and use velcro to attach it.

That's just me. I think there would be a more efficient way if a pro gave you advice. =]

Good Luck!

shadow8136 said:
It looks great, and welcome to the 405th!

Now if you can starve yourself to a point where your stomach turns.. Well.. About 12 inches in diameter. *Shudder*

Edit:

Oh, the legs? If I was you, I'd get a red version of those black tights, build the extruding part at the top of the pants out of cardboard, and use velcro to attach it.

That's just me. I think there would be a more efficient way if a pro gave you advice. =]

Good Luck!

Haha, yeah totally- the air diet will work perfectly.

the only problem I have with making box legs is figuring out the knee/jointed parts while still being as accurate as possible. And thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! I love Canti, that armor is awesome. Its one of my future projects whenever I get the body shape for it :lol That or I can just make a more heavy weapons kind of Canti? xD What did you use for the screen of the monitor?

Monicator said:
Cool! I love Canti, that armor is awesome. Its one of my future projects whenever I get the body shape for it :lol That or I can just make a more heavy weapons kind of Canti? xD What did you use for the screen of the monitor?

Haha, the "body" type for canti is pretty much impossible :pAnd I would love to see a heavy weapons version! (Like Black Tony Starks' haha)

The screen is just a piece of plexiglass from Lowe's. I was incredibly lucky that it fit and I didnt have to cut anything :) I had to tint both sides of it though, so no one could see in. I could see out pretty well though.

i would say if those tights stop at the waist you could rig something on the inside to extrude out and still look like it is a part of the cloth itself...but with that you may have to sew more cloth on to the top so it wont be open in that area...just an idea...

Looks cool, i always like seeing other kinds of props and armor made on here.

Pretty beast.

Im gone watch this.

I love FLCL, but the manga is a killer to read. :(

Cant wait to see this fully complete.

Shadowshail said:
i would say if those tights stop at the waist you could rig something on the inside to extrude out and still look like it is a part of the cloth itself...but with that you may have to sew more cloth on to the top so it wont be open in that area...just an idea...

Looks cool, i always like seeing other kinds of props and armor made on here.

Hey, that actually gives me a really good idea, thanks! Not the exact same thing you said, but still thankyou :D I'll probably start this again next week or next time I go to Michael's

A_Guardian said:
Pretty beast.

Im gone watch this.

I love FLCL, but the manga is a killer to read. :(

Cant wait to see this fully complete.

The manga is pretty difficult to understand, yeah (but I still love it lol) And thanks! hopefully I can complete this (and an ironman helmet) before fanime (which is in two weeks OTL)

Token said:
Canti is a beast!!!! i love this so far man keep it up!!!

Haha, thanks :)

A_Guardian said:
Bopx is a girl.

Not a guy.

Just sayin.

Lol it's ok, I'm sure Token does the same thing as me and refers to everyone as "man" haha

Yay, finished! Powered through the entire bottom half in one night... 11:30 to 5:30am! Which is probably why it looks all crap-like, but whatevs! Fanime is tomorrow and I had to do two essays that same night might I add. I forgot I needed to remake the shoes.. owell, you can't tell they're junk from far away ;)

cantifin3.jpg
cantifin2.jpg

cantifin4.jpg
[attachment=16832:canti fin 1.jpg]

Hey something done pulling an allnighter, can never be crap-like, its call commitment, and the desire to finish something, it is really good for something done so fast, besides u can brag that it was made in one night. lol. i would. lol. AWESOME WORK!!!!

Project 10+

Execution 10+

Coolness factor 10++

Made by a girl, (and getting my ass kick) 10+++++++++

PS, Tacos Rule!!!

Panda 001 said:
Hey something done pulling an allnighter, can never be crap-like, its call commitment, and the desire to finish something, it is really good for something done so fast, besides u can brag that it was made in one night. lol. i would. lol. AWESOME WORK!!!!

Project 10+

Execution 10+

Coolness factor 10++

Made by a girl, (and getting my ass kick) 10+++++++++

PS, Tacos Rule!!!

Haha, thanks man :)

Yea, FLCL is beast.

But the Manga is pretty much eye murder.

Anyone who has read it knows what i mean.

Anime -Beast artistry.

Manga -drawn by Michael j fox.

OH MY GOD IT'S LORD CANTI!!!!!

FLCL is the best show that has ever and will ever exist in the whole universe. I'm freakin out lookin' at these pics, I wanna make one now!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back