Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAMFzfs

Hey everyone, Im really excited for the new Captain America movie and I think its time for me to make a Cap costume of my own! Im looking for ideas on how I should go about doing this, I want it to look good, I will put up some pics of the way I want it to look, and you guy should give me some ideas on creating it, thanks!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/kaioshin_2007/CaptainAmerica.png

Its difficult to find pics that are just right, but this video does pretty well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI5sB-IPKw4

I want it to look just like that, except I will probably modify the spikey chest part so its not just hanging over his shoulders, so its more like part of his shirt.

What I looking for help with is the material, I want it to look really close to the video and pics...but that may be a pain in the butt, the spikey chest, the wings on the ears, the shield, boots, Im looking for help with all of it, so please give me your advice, and knowledge on making cosplays :)

Well some of the stuff you could find online, like the boots and gloves. Try looking under mid-evil apparel. The pants you might be able to find some thing similar in motorcycle stores in the racing section. You might have to do some mods the the pants to get the right look. The shirt the cowl and the shield you will probably have to custom make, though some times on the Replica Prop Forum you might be able to find a shield for sale. Also look on e-bay for the shield I've seen them there as well. But be warned they are expensive so making one might be your best option. The best way to make the cowl is leather but it is difficult, The second best is latex but you will need a bust and clay to work with. It's how they did the cowl for the batman movies.

ok, well I saw a way to make a shield out a sled, it looked pretty simple, and I feel stupid...but what is the cowl? and as for the shirt I was thinking of making it out of some thin plastic, each individual spike, and attaching them to a compression fit shirt, I could maybe make them out of pepakura and then bondo them up for strength. and its gonna be tough...Im gonna be looking online everywhere for a way to make a mask, same with boots and gloves

Alright, I will check it out, I just want the mask to be really legit, similar to the pics, and I may take out the wings on the head, they look annoying

The cowl is the mask and I've seen one like it on Replica Prop Forum. The guy made it out of latex, looked really good.

I would definitely want to do that, but I dont know how, its probably takes practice to make it look right too

Alright, I am gonna start making the shield tomorrow out of a sled, I saw a good and sensible way to make that on youtube,

and then the next think Im gonna make is probably gonna be the boots, Im gonna take some old black un-shined boots from my old uniform, and Im gonna rub off all of the chemicals and polish and then dye them red, Im gonna also take some red material, probably a cheap fake leather that matches the red color, and sew the end into the boot, and fold it over, I will put up some pics when im done,

I need to buy some dye and a sled first lol, but I have a prototype idea for the bulletproof part of the shirt (thats what I call the spikey part now, I think its bulletproof) I may have that done today or tomorrow, I will also put up pics of that,

Post If you got any more Ideas to help me out!

I made a 3D shield file a while back for someone to convert into pep. I'm not too sure where the pep is, but if you search around the forums you'll be bound to find it somewhere

Here is the concept art for the armor that Cap will wear in the new movie.
chris_evans_captain_america_concept_art.jpg

As you can see it is much more combat oriented and much more realistic. I think it might even be a little easier then his regular getup.

The bullet proof part of Caps costume is actualy a " Bishops mantle " made of scale mail. You should be able to find all the stuff you need to make one at the Ringlord website. Good luck it looks like it would be a cool build. wulfric

yeah Ive seen the new look for the movie, but I like the way the older one looks, and I changed it up for the shield, I found a really cool pep I m using to make it now, Im gonna be strengthening it today hopefully, and I will check out that bishops mantle to see how it goes

Dang I checked out the bishops mantel and its perfect for the costume, Im gonna be ordering some of the scales soon, I also finished pepping the shield today, Im gonna make it nice and sturdy tonight and tomorrow, I will put up some pics when finish it, because its not too pretty now haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back