Cardboard help pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPU7N1K

Jr Member
Cardboard is made of two thin pieces of 'paper' with the zig-zag patterned 'paper' in between. My question is this: How do you cover the holes of the zig zag patterned 'paper'? Will resin close up the holes? Do I have to cover the holes with other pieces of cardboard? Is it that important?

Thanks.

SPU7N1K said:
Cardboard is made of two thin pieces of 'paper' with the zig-zag patterned 'paper' in between. My question is this: How do you cover the holes of the zig zag patterned 'paper'? Will resin close up the holes? Do I have to cover the holes with other pieces of cardboard? Is it that important?

Thanks.

I was thinking you could put some hot glue along the edges, then take a popsical stick and run it along the glue, scraping off the exsess glue, and sealing up the hole. it would waste a lot of glue though, and take a long time. bondo maybe?? the holes probably wouldn't be that noticable though, if you didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resin wouldnt do it, bondo would, or if you wanna be lazy, use paper mache, cant say it will stay in because cardboard flexes easily which could crack out the bondo/mache and show the holes again. You'd have to be careful when wearing the suit.

DO NOT USE PAPER MACHE IF YOU HAVN"T RESINED IT ALL READY!!!! I screwd up a pretty good to scale cardboard pep helmet cause I didn't use resin. If you don't want to by resin, or buy a respirater, you could buy water based varnish. It works just as well, and stiffens up the cardstock/cardboard. I've still got to determine if it'll hold up to paper mache.(tomarrows job after homework, and playing on the computer)

I want the armor to look as realistic as it can be, so I guess I'll pour in some wood glue to cover the holes.

Thanks for your input.

SPU7N1K said:
I want the armor to look as realistic as it can be, so I guess I'll pour in some wood glue to cover the holes.

Thanks for your input.
If you want it as realistic as possible, there are many other ways to make armor than just cardboard. But I have seen a few pros use the board, search tasty bread and look at his armor, dont expect it to be that cheap, he had many of the tools and materials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back