Cardstock VS Printer Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsadw

Printer paper VS Cardstock

So, I am made a Fallout T-45 power armour helmet (made out of printer paper right now ), and I was wondering if I should scrap the helmet and use cardstock? I tried using that at first but It was really hard to fold. First build so we have a noob here.

Printer paper VS Cardstock

So, I am made a Fallout T-45 power armour helmet (made out of printer paper right now ), and I was wondering if I should scrap the helmet and use cardstock? I tried using that at first but It was really hard to fold. First build so we have a noob here.
The point of the card stock is so that when you go to coat the helmet in resin and fiberglass It won’t warp or break apart. Card stock is much more durable than printer paper. You’re going to need to redo the helmet in card stock, I believe most use 110 pound. It shouldn’t be that hard to fold if you are making creases and taking your time.

Yes, it does sound like that you used some card stock that was a bit too stiff. You also might want to use some form of straight edge to help you create the mountains and valleys in the print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back