**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick update. I've been playing around with electronics designs for the status display dash. As I mentioned, the dash will feature a collection of LEDs that will perform different tasks. There will be a scanner circuit, a random flashing circuit, an alternating flash circuit and a constant-on circuit. While I didn't design any of these circuits, I wanted to rearrange them to fit onto one circuit board and run off the same power source.

Here are the circuits...

Random Flash
Random-LED-Flasher.jpg

Scanner
LED-SCANNER.jpg

Alternating Flash
Flashing-Railroad-lights-1.jpg

...and the Constant-On
constant_zps3715e302.jpg

This is where my design comes in. After converting these from a schematic diagram to an actual layout, then combining them all onto one board, this is where I'm at...

Circuit_zps8e5095a9.jpg

And here is the component placement on the opposite side of the board. The circles represent the attachment points of the wire leading to the individual LEDs...
CircuitPlacement_zps5123565f.jpg

So, fun stuff.

These may or may not be further refined later on, and I'm toying with adding in a separate circuit to run a single flashing red LED when the power is off to simulate a sort of system hibernation mode.

Let me know what you think.

Quick update. I've been playing around with electronics designs for the status display dash. As I mentioned, the dash will feature a collection of LEDs that will perform different tasks. There will be a scanner circuit, a random flashing circuit, an alternating flash circuit and a constant-on circuit. While I didn't design any of these circuits, I wanted to rearrange them to fit onto one circuit board and run off the same power source.

Here are the circuits...

Random Flash
Random-LED-Flasher.jpg

Scanner
LED-SCANNER.jpg

Alternating Flash
Flashing-Railroad-lights-1.jpg

...and the Constant-On
constant_zps3715e302.jpg

This is where my design comes in. After converting these from a schematic diagram to an actual layout, then combining them all onto one board, this is where I'm at...

Circuit_zps8e5095a9.jpg

And here is the component placement on the opposite side of the board. The circles represent the attachment points of the wire leading to the individual LEDs...
CircuitPlacement_zps5123565f.jpg

So, fun stuff.

These may or may not be further refined later on, and I'm toying with adding in a separate circuit to run a single flashing red LED when the power is off to simulate a sort of system hibernation mode.

Let me know what you think.

my uncle who's a retied naval officer who did this kind of work is giving you a green light. plus he has a way of making it easier but do the same thing.

my uncle who's a retied naval officer who did this kind of work is giving you a green light. plus he has a way of making it easier but do the same thing.

Great, tell him thanks for the look over and thanks for his service. I'm a former Navy electronics technician myself.

Let me say, your suit is sexy as an alternative name for ODST'S, minus "jumpers"! Amazing work, and I love the idea for the cryo-pod! I can tell it's gonna look beautiful. In my mind, I just see somebody walking up to it, staring it up and down with a slight grin. Pretend to enter a code [or actually enter one, who knows what you can do!] to unlock the pod, and hearing a satisfying hiss as steam rolls over your toes when the door opens. Speed up this process! I need to see it! Keep up the great work man :)

I think the cryo-storage cabinet with electronic displays is going to look awesome. You could even attend a CON in-absentia!

That circuit design software is amazing. So clean. Wish I'd seen that when I was struggling a couple of years back for my gun circuits. I'm sure there's inefficiency of my design that's robbing my small available space.

Redshirt

Keep up the great work! I've popped in this thread from time to time and you're always up to something new!

Thank you very much!

You bet he is... Carp has rarely done something that someone else did exactly the same way first. Inventive and determined, that's basically all that he ever is :)

Most of that is just me working with what I've got on hand. If I happen to come up with a way to do something that benefits everyone, that's awesome, and why I try to document everything.

Let me say, your suit is sexy as an alternative name for ODST'S, minus "jumpers"! Amazing work, and I love the idea for the cryo-pod! I can tell it's gonna look beautiful. In my mind, I just see somebody walking up to it, staring it up and down with a slight grin. Pretend to enter a code [or actually enter one, who knows what you can do!] to unlock the pod, and hearing a satisfying hiss as steam rolls over your toes when the door opens. Speed up this process! I need to see it! Keep up the great work man :)

Thank you! And darn you for getting ideas floating through my head. I've spent the better part of this morning looking into keypad lock schematics. No promises though.

I think the cryo-storage cabinet with electronic displays is going to look awesome. You could even attend a CON in-absentia!

That circuit design software is amazing. So clean. Wish I'd seen that when I was struggling a couple of years back for my gun circuits. I'm sure there's inefficiency of my design that's robbing my small available space.

Redshirt

I hadn't thought about dragging this to a con.
Actually, that circuit drawing I've got there (not the schematics, but the final layout in the last two pictures) is just me drawing it up in AutoCAD. I took a .1" x .1" grid, and laid each of the circuits out on that in CAD and combined them afterward, moving components around as needed. I've been following your spaser build since its beginning, and you're doing a phenomenal job. I'm sure you'll get everything inside just fine. And now, after actually getting into airsoft last year, it's of particular interest to me.

No updates at the moment. The weather here in Illinois sucks and financial flow has been pretty tight as well. I may not have anything tangible until this spring/summer.

Thank you! And darn you for getting ideas floating through my head. I've spent the better part of this morning looking into keypad lock schematics. No promises though.
If you do, I might just track you down, and steal this when it's finished! What would you use for the lock? Like a safe? or...?

Well, with the way the door is situated, a standard door lock wouldn't work. I'd have to rig a hook-like latch to a servo; the hook would latch onto a bar situated in the door; so the unlocking mechanism would turn the servo, releasing the door and turn the servo back down when the door is closed re-locking it. What would make it interesting is to enter the code on the key pad, turning the servo to release the lock, then the door opening on its own. Ugh, hydraulics.

Edit: As of right now, the plan is to use a cabinet lock like this...

Lock1_zps536d748e.jpg

Lock2_zpscbb65c38.jpg

That notch will hook onto a bar that will be located within the body of the pod. If I were to adapt a key pad with a servo lock, this would be reversed and the bar would be located in the door.

Well, with the way the door is situated, a standard door lock wouldn't work. I'd have to rig a hook-like latch to a servo; the hook would latch onto a bar situated in the door; so the unlocking mechanism would turn the servo, releasing the door and turn the servo back down when the door is closed re-locking it. What would make it interesting is to enter the code on the key pad, turning the servo to release the lock, then the door opening on its own. Ugh, hydraulics.

Edit: As of right now, the plan is to use a cabinet lock like this...

Lock1_zps536d748e.jpg

Lock2_zpscbb65c38.jpg

That notch will hook onto a bar that will be located within the body of the pod. If I were to adapt a key pad with a servo lock, this would be reversed and the bar would be located in the door.

That looks awesome! If you can pull that off, all you'll need is a door-activated smoke machine...

yeah home ground was good and all, just wish some one would do a 30 minute film in a city somewhere.

well the city I'm in has a bunch of place's at night that aren't busy at all. some are like a real halo location, it's near a university and bar strip/ grovement area so it a great location, heck I bet goosebot5000 would say the same thing.

San Diego not only has great scenery for a forrest, dessert, and beach, we have good urban areas that could work aswell

San Diego not only has great scenery for a forrest, dessert, and beach, we have good urban areas that could work aswell

well we aren't here to fight who has the best where. Orlando... looks alien and is so during I don't know.... Torino where all scifi shows are shot... new Orland's swamp and city all in one.

I plan to replaced the torso collar part you commented as missing (08-07-2011, 11:35 PM) with some black spandex fabric sprayed with that spray-on Plasti Dip. It should give a smooth cover to the fabric yet is flexible enuf to put my head through.
Do you think that will work?

Do you think that will work?

It's possible that you will be able to fit your head through, though you may not achieve the desired look you're thinking of (unless you're trying for a smooth surface with no detail). If you take a look at the game model, there is a significant amount of detail in that space.

"If you take a look at the game model, there is a significant amount of detail in that space."
Thanks. Can you point me to any In-game (Mk VI) reference pictures that could help? The ones I've found aren't HD.

Also, I'm trying to work out a "coolsuit" for venting armor costumes. Has anyone else done this?
If not, do you think many 405th armor builders would be interested in me posting it?

P.S: Kudos on all your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back