Casts Vs Paint Balls And Airsoft Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

deactivyoke

Ok we all know what happens when a resined and glassed helmet get hit but what about casts you bought from someone.

What happens then? i think it should be done because some one might try to play in a casted armor and get hurt.

Cayoke said:
Ok we all know what happens when a resined and glassed helmet get hit but what about casts you bought from someone.

What happens then? i think it should be done because some one might try to play in a casted armor and get hurt.

Not all castings are made from the same material. Many casters mix different materials, and some use the same resin and fibreglass used to reinforce pep builds.

Testing each material/material combination really would be a waste of time and money. Costumes aren't built to withstand paintballs or airsoft guns. I doubt that a seller of Halo costumes can be held liable in court, just like I doubt that the makers of a Peter Pan outfit would be held liable if I wear it and jump out of a third story window thinking I can fly.

Last edited by a moderator:
AceHigh said:
just like I doubt that the makers of a Peter Pan outfit would be held liable if I wear it and jump out of a third story window thinking I can fly.

LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:
guys if you want to do your armor right to work for this use a metal material or thin card board and wrap it in fiberglass like 100 times. ever seen the inside of a hood on a car. same principals. but if you can cast a whole piece out of resin then it should hold but would be very heavy...

hope this helped…

As it has happen way times here they don't normally allow this type of thread to go on to long, but since it open for now.... I have shot paintballs, airsoft, and BBs at my fiberglass costumes and nothing has happened(alittle paint chipped off the BB one but that was it)but its a special layup not just your weekend warrior job,I have shot Cast plastics ones as well and most have at leasted cracked the BB shattered the Alumalite one I tried it was not a pretty site and the Paintball cracked a Roto Cast one I did for a client a while back but it was pretty close to the helmet and it a pro gun.

So unless You really really know what your doing with fiberglass I would not go running around the woods in your Halo costume shooting each other thinking a little paper and bondo is going to stop anything cause you'll need a trip to the hospital or at least your friends will have a good youtube vid at your expense...

Just don't do it......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back