What are your go-to convention snacks and/or drinks?

Guys I think I NAILED the con food! I didn't have to go to the bathroom ONCE while in my suit at fan expo this past weekend.
Step 1: Get up and "go" 8:00am
Step 2: Eat chicken mcmuffin with hashbrown and small beverage
Step 3: PERCICELY 20 minutes later go to the bathroom for the second time (very important)
Step 4: Get suited up and enjoy the con without needing a bathroom break 10:00am
Step 5: Use water fountain to stay hydrated throughout the day (don't drink too much tho)
Step 6: Get out of the suit and release after 8 hours 6:00-7:00pm

Maybe someone will give you a piece of pizza in the middle of the day too! Would def not recommend skipping breakfast and eating absolutely nothing the whole day until 8:00pm, accidently did that friday. Use this strategy at your own risk. Breakfast makes a difference

Guys I think I NAILED the con food! I didn't have to go to the bathroom ONCE while in my suit at fan expo this past weekend.
Step 1: Get up and "go" 8:00am
Step 2: Eat chicken mcmuffin with hashbrown and small beverage
Step 3: PERCICELY 20 minutes later go to the bathroom for the second time (very important)
Step 4: Get suited up and enjoy the con without needing a bathroom break 10:00am
Step 5: Use water fountain to stay hydrated throughout the day (don't drink too much tho)
Step 6: Get out of the suit and release after 8 hours 6:00-7:00pm

Maybe someone will give you a piece of pizza in the middle of the day too! Would def not recommend skipping breakfast and eating absolutely nothing the whole day until 8:00pm, accidently did that friday. Use this strategy at your own risk. Breakfast makes a difference
Sounds like a very difficult process to follow through with, but whatever works for you.

Sounds like a very difficult process to follow through with, but whatever works for you.
I suppose it could be simplified down to "eat small breakfast and then eat nothing until supper" but that doesn't sound like healthy advice XD

I will continue to skip breakfast and eat lunch, though I think I'm gonna start packing lunch, con food is expensive

Usually just have a heavy breakfast so like 3 strips of bacon, eggs ,hashbrown, beans in molasses sauce and juice that's enough to keep me going until the end of the day before dinner and for the middle of the day small snacks granola bars ect and water and my really really unhealthy habit of cigars I learned in field exercise that tobacco products really curb your appetite

Heh, It's just not convenient. If I wanna use the restroom that means I got to go all the way back to the hotel room. Leaving parts of your armor and weapons outside the bathroom ain't ideal either.

So this may be the wrong place for it, but since I am seeing a recurring issue with "not ingesting so there's no need for waste removal" has anyone considered adjusting suit design to allow for it? (Has not started a suit design yet so has no clue)

So this may be the wrong place for it, but since I am seeing a recurring issue with "not ingesting so there's no need for waste removal" has anyone considered adjusting suit design to allow for it? (Has not started a suit design yet so has no clue)
My ODST was terrible for getting in/out of in a hurry mostly due to inexperience back when I built it. I basically stayed slightly dehydrated all day. For my last 2 suits I've taken inspiration from a Kat build back from 2012. On my Spartan, the entire lower body is componentized and able to be removed independently. Importantly the thighs attach to my belt, by a clip and use Velcro to attach around my leg with a removeable gasket. Generally that's all that'd need to be removed in a pinch, but the entire lower body can be removed in seconds. Haven't had a need to test it, but definitely factored into my build decisions.
2023-02-25 11.43.52.jpg 2023-03-05 16.07.09.jpg

If I had to go #1 in a hurry I believe that would not be that problematic in either of my suits. It would be a tad difficult in the red one because of the ab wrap section, but I don't think it would get in the way too much. I would just remove the COD piece and unclip the front clips on the thighs. The real pain is trying to put the suit back how it was after. When I suit up I can tuck my shirt in, clip on the thighs, put on the ab wrap, and then the COD piece before doing the torso and arm pieces. After using the bathroom, I have to do all that while still wearing the top half of my armour, which can make things difficult. Especially in a bathroom stall without a mirror.

going #2 would require a lot of derigging.

But of course, in either case I will just have to cross that bridge when I get there, but I will try really hard to never have to cross it.

So this may be the wrong place for it, but since I am seeing a recurring issue with "not ingesting so there's no need for waste removal" has anyone considered adjusting suit design to allow for it? (Has not started a suit design yet
Some of our suits we can't adjust the design. So it would require taking everything off unfortunately.

Some of our suits we can't adjust the design. So it would require taking everything off unfortunately.
All fair points and I appreciate ya'll letting me hijack the thread. This makes this post all the more reasonable now since previous builds would require significant redesign to even consider an increased intake at the con. Thanks for helping me realize a new consideration point for my build.

I skip eating breakfast and eat minimal.

I snack on a cliff bar + Gatorade as a drink.
So I don't have to go bathroom lol.
I like the way you think. I eat protein bars and drink body armor to keep hydrated

ayo another anti-bathroom bloke just like myself!
I was doing the antibathroom thing, then I figured out that my under suit that I bought has velcro and a hole in the front for #1. I could probably have a friend/handler take off my my shoulders and chest piece (shoulders need to come off before the chest) then I could probably handle it from there. Haven't had the chance to actually try it out yet.

Although I didn't know about the hole in the undersuit, I still would drink water when needed. Water is very important in deserts. I've tried both the light breakfast then heavy lunch/dinner and the heavy breakfast then light lunch. I feel like I was fine with both. It was more thinking about what foods I was eating and how they'd affect me going to the bathroom. So like at HCS SLC, there was an oatmeal sponsorship. I really wanted to try the free oatmeal they were handing out, but I also had about 5 hours of being in armor then a 7 hour drive that day, so I skipped the free sample. I did get chicken parm instead and only dropped the fork once. That was a bit interesting to eat in armor.

I will continue to skip breakfast and eat lunch, though I think I'm gonna start packing lunch, con food is expensive
This is what I keep telling myself before every con after spending $100 on hotdogs in one day at Fanime last year. So far I’ve been too lazy to do it

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back