Chaos Space Marine <wip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianShray

Hi guys,

Ive been browsing the forums reading up on most of the guides and i think i am finally ready to build my Chaos Space Marine Armour !

So using Samurays Shoulder file i tried my first ever pep and this is how it turned out

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

i for one think it is a tad bit too small

it could use another 3-4 inches

thoughts please ?

if u guys agree, im gonna make a bigger one

and can someone please direct me to a chest piece pep file ?

Samurays has that eagle kinda pattern on it but i want it to be just plain

BrianShray said:
Hi guys,

Ive been browsing the forums reading up on most of the guides and i think i am finally ready to build my Chaos Space Marine Armour !

So using Samurays Shoulder file i tried my first ever pep and this is how it turned out

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

i for one think it is a tad bit too small

it could use another 3-4 inches

thoughts please ?

if u guys agree, im gonna make a bigger one

and can someone please direct me to a chest piece pep file ?

Samurays has that eagle kinda pattern on it but i want it to me just plain

It is too small. Looks good otherwise. Did you use the scaling guide that I posted? Also, I did make a chest piece without the Aquila but it's also pretty complicated. There's another chest file going around. I know Judge used a different one. Maybe look up his topic.

Here's the scaling guide: Scaling

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i does looks a little small .. but good job on your first pep anyway .. i will join you soon after im done with some of my side project .. :)

Samuray said:
It is too small. Looks good otherwise. Did you use the scaling guide that I posted? Also, I did make a chest piece without the Aquila but it's also pretty complicated. There's another chest file going around. I know Judge used a different one. Maybe look up his topic.

Here's the scaling guide: Scaling

depends on what you the chest will look like i think it looks spot on if the chest is scaled fallowed

@Samuray

i did use ur scaling sheet but i accidentally used the wrong numbers. I used the normal parts scale for the shoulder too. Didnt take proper notice that there was a different scale for shoulder and helm... my bad >.<

And yeah ive gotten a hold of Judges chest file , YAY !

@Gixxer

K !

BrianShray said:
@Samuray

i did use ur scaling sheet but i accidentally used the wrong numbers. I used the normal parts scale for the shoulder too. Didnt take proper notice that there was a different scale for shoulder and helm... my bad >.<

And yeah ive gotten a hold of Judges chest file , YAY !

@Gixxer

K !

Yeah. That was due to me failing to equalize the files before I released them. Good luck with the rest of your build.

Nice to see another SM build and a chaos one to boot :)

Good luck with the rest of your armour, I'll watch this topic so I can keep a track on your progress! You'll see from my WIP thread that I too made the scaling mistake with the shoulders haha. Trying to rebuild them at the moment ;)

Good luck!

CelticSpartan said:
Nice to see another SM build and a chaos one to boot :)

Good luck with the rest of your armour, I'll watch this topic so I can keep a track on your progress! You'll see from my WIP thread that I too made the scaling mistake with the shoulders haha. Trying to rebuild them at the moment ;)

Good luck!

thanks !

i remade the shoulder its now about 4inches taller. i think it is at the proper scale now height:400

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

BrianShray said:
thanks !

i remade the shoulder its now about 4inches taller. i think it is at the proper scale now height:400

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

Much better.

The shoulder is looking great. Amy particular reason you're going for Chaos Marines? I think you'd make a great Vulcan...

Out of curiosity, are you going to practice your application of the various materials on the smaller one?

Chest is done !

Thnks to Judge for Chest files

Scaled at height : 480mm

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

the size is ok ryte ? >.<

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Meade252mxs said:
The shoulder is looking great. Amy particular reason you're going for Chaos Marines? I think you'd make a great Vulcan...

Out of curiosity, are you going to practice your application of the various materials on the smaller one?

THe reason for chaos ? hmmm... cuz they're badass !!

anyway, theres gonna be afew more peeps here who r gonna make space marines, so i wanted to b a little different and go chaos instead

Yeah im gonna keep it and try resin n stuff on it first, to get used to the material so i dont screw up

The tide of Chaos stretches even further!

So far, it looks good, and if you want any peps, I’m currently making some (check the sig, yo)

What legion you going for, weapons, design, everything.

tried to make a helmet

its just a test piece

IMG_3111.jpg

Scale was obviously wayyyyy off

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

gonna work on the 2nd shoulder first and then rescale helm

Horgh said:
The tide of Chaos stretches even further!

So far, it looks good, and if you want any peps, I’m currently making some (check the sig, yo)

What legion you going for, weapons, design, everything.

Thank you

and whoa ! i did have a look at your work already. ur pep files are great !

the only part of the armour that im gonna have trouble with is the backpack.

i think ill build the SM backpacks and modify with cardboard

At first i thought of just going with my own colour and own pimped design, but i didnt want black.

i though of Pink just for the lulz but its already been done.

Im only familiar with Chaos Space Marines from WH40K games so i dont rly know much abt the different legions

So since u asked, i googled up the legions

the two that im interested in is Black Legion and Alpha Legion, but im leaning towards Alpha ofcourse

coz i mentioned earlier i didnt want black..

will probably also make a banner and loincloth

Weapon will probably be the bolter that you made !

For information about the different legions, http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Traitor_legions is the best place to go.

The alpha legion is an interesting one to go for, and its reasons might make you change your mind. First off, theys gots slaces. Some of their armour is said to have scales, due to the exposure of the warp. Another thing is that, due to their sneaky behaviour, their armour isn't quite so Chaosy. Basically they're supposed to infiltrate enemy ranks, and incite rebellion, so they're not supposed to look like your average Chaos Space Marine.

There are loads of legion choices, it kind of depends what you really want to represent. The World Eaters follow Khorne, the blood god, so you can have a big chain axe and loads of skulls and be generally vicious. Thousand Sons follow Tzeentch, the god of change, and they're generally mystifying and quiet and look damn awesome. Death Guard follow Nurgle, the rot god, so they can endure pain like no other, and they're generally unclean with their entrails hanging out (which could make for a cool suit!). Emperors Children follow Slaanesh, god of pleasure and excess, they're pink and are down with body mutilation and bondage.

While the other Legions follow no particular god (Chaos Undivided, as it's called), they're all totally different legions. Word Bearers are very daemonic, Iron Warriors have a brilliant arsenal of deadly vehicles, Night Lords are... well, lords of the night, and sometimes have bat wings on their helmet. There are a few legions that are rarely mentioned, all are listed here (lovingly scanned in by me):

chaosspacemarines.jpg

Yeah, it's really low quality jpg just because it's a quick scan. If you want me to deliver anything at a higher studyable resolution just shout.

Off Topic: Horgh nice chapter breakdown - that 'Unknown' chapter on the second row look sweet, love the cloak/gown thing ;)

On Topic: Looking good so far on the pep - by the way what weight of card are you using? It's looking slightly dented in places but maybe that's just cus of a few errors here and there but thought I'd point out that a lesser weight card will warp under the resin.

Your chest looks good - I've rebuilt my chest, struggling with a helm at the moment haha. I may scratch build a respirator mask type thing and give up on the helm and go for the 'sergeant' look.

Horgh > whoa ! omg... so many to choose from, i had no freakin idea there were so many ! Thank you so much for your help !

CelticSpartan said:
Off Topic: Horgh nice chapter breakdown - that 'Unknown' chapter on the second row look sweet, love the cloak/gown thing ;)

On Topic: Looking good so far on the pep - by the way what weight of card are you using? It's looking slightly dented in places but maybe that's just cus of a few errors here and there but thought I'd point out that a lesser weight card will warp under the resin.

Your chest looks good - I've rebuilt my chest, struggling with a helm at the moment haha. I may scratch build a respirator mask type thing and give up on the helm and go for the 'sergeant' look.

i think the dents are mistakes i made

The paper i was using is a 230gsm (thickest there was) paper, the 100pieces that i bought just ran out

so now i bought 220gsm Cardstock (i believe this is what most if u guys are using)

i used the new paper to build my other shoulder (just finished pep awhile ago,nid to find my camera...)

i didnt make much mistakes on this one and it looks much better

i might rebuild the older one with the 220gsm paper i currently have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back