Chaos Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Horgh, how's it goin? We want moar progress, and you promised moar on 18th of February! -.-

But seriously, what's up, any progress?

Well unfortunately college work has taken priority, and my new job limits my spare time, and on top of that I've been making peps of my own, including this:

boltar.png

Which I plan on making as soon as I print it. But yeah, throughout the summer I'll be making loads of progress, just you wait.

Watching this topic!

Dude it looks excellent :) The horns really suit the piece and I like all the Chaos motifs you've added to your designs. The paint job will be fun I'm sure. I think your scale looks great.

By the way in the pic where you have most of the armour/shoulder/helm/forearm on is it all just balancing neatly, not attached yet or anything?

Also did you bother with the upper arm? I made mine the other day and it turned out pretty pants to be honest! It's too big I think. Did you glue the elbow pad to your forearm models?

I'll keep updating my thread regularly too ;)

And Hirgon - I am DEFINATELY doing that for scaling next time haha - great idea! :)

Horgh, heres a link to some wicked props, 2 of which would be awesome for your suit. Clicky

I bought the Chaos Axe recently & it is truly awesome. Check out the Nightmare Sword.

Judge said:
Horgh, heres a link to some wicked props, 2 of which would be awesome for your suit. Clicky

I bought the Chaos Axe recently & it is truly awesome. Check out the Nightmare Sword.

whoa those props look sick ! esp. Chaos Axe

the shipping bill is 3/4 of the full payment if i were to buy lol

lucky peeps T_T

Last edited by a moderator:
Your armor is looking great! Keep up the awesome work! I really enjoy this series and have thought about doing a Space Marine setup, but I always imagined it'd be difficult to wear seeing as how it is very bulky. Do you know how you're going to pad the inside parts so that they fit/flow well? How about the boots?

Good luck!

Started the resining stage. Got everything prepped, stuff in the garage, applied the honey look-alike paste to the armour, left it for 24 hours..... and it's exactly the same as when I left it yesterday, still tacky and almost liquid. I guessed I didn't add enough catalyst, but the pot which contained the remaining goop was rock solid, and I won't be able to apply a more catalysty mixture over the top because it won't do anything to the stuff underneath it. Guess I'll have to start again; Piss.

Ouch!!

That is seriously unfortunate news :( I guess the lesson here is to have a test model ready when it comes to this stage to check otu stuff like this.

Maybe give it a few days and allow it to dry up and then re-resin? Could work. Would prevent you rebuilding everything anyway!!

I have a .pdo for a sliced chaos chainsword if you would be interested in it.

Also one for the chaos bolter in sliced format but you seem to have that covered.

You could always try sprinkling some talc powder over the tacky pieces before you have to completely restart.

Never heard of this talc powder method - I can imagine it's quite useful for drying stuff out and fairly easily sanded down too?

Horgh - how goes the progress, have you decided what to do yet? I'll have some more WIP shots up tonight, hopign to get both thighs done then will show bottom half all taped together temporarily. Got the giant nappy done haha :D

/salute

CS.

I had the same problem with my chest. It took about a week to set and by then the shape had warped.

I have a new way to secure my pieces, I''l let you all know how it works out as I continue my WIP.

Could you send me a link to the files for your armour Ive desperately been looking for a chest model like that.

This is cool, i'ma big 40k fan (Imperial Guard all the way), is it possible to send me the files please? would love to make this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back