Cheap 360 On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know the price is going to rocket through the roof when the end nears. I get all excited when i see stuff for like, 1 cent. then i see it's got 10 days left, so i leave it nd its at 200 bucks at the end! (wireless router)

Not thirded. Have you two even considered region coding?

Nice pricing though. I'd be interested if it wasn't so expensive to import games for it.

adventSpartanMatrix said:
Dude i would so bid on this but you wont ship to the uk

if you could somehow send to the uk ill bid
I've been wanting to extend my auctions to Europe for a long time but some lady I know that used to do eBay said it's a bit more complicated. I'll try to look into it today and tomorrow though and post again if I find anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crucible said:
Not thirded. Have you two even considered region coding?

Nice pricing though. I'd be interested if it wasn't so expensive to import games for it.

360,NDS,PS3,PSP and wii are all region free devices due to the fact that more people now a days complain about the region encoding which is why places like australia have DVD players that can play any region DVD

360,NDS,PS3,PSP and wii are all region free devices due to the fact that more people now a days complain about the region encoding which is why places like australia have DVD players that can play any region DVD

You must be confused a little, so let me straighten this out for you a little.

America is designated as NTSC - Region 1.
The UK and Europe is designated as PAL - Region 2.
Australia (and South America) is Region 4.

Only hardware designated as Region 8 will play any region-coded software regardless of its flag. And while it's true that the models you've mentioned have some SOFTWARE designated as region free, the hardware itself is not - thereby meaning only certain region-free software will work on any console regardless of location.

For example: you have an NTSC X360. However, you'll only be able to play NTSC games and some region-free games - not, as you believe, any game regardless of its region coding. There are lists of these region-free games online if you're curious. The same applies to Australia - Australia is by no means region free.

I hope that helps.

Crucible said:
You must be confused a little, so let me straighten this out for you a little.

America is designated as NTSC - Region 1.
The UK and Europe is designated as PAL - Region 2.
Australia (and South America) is Region 4.

Only hardware designated as Region 8 will play any region-coded software regardless of its flag. And while it's true that the models you've mentioned have some SOFTWARE designated as region free, the hardware itself is not - thereby meaning only certain region-free software will work on any console regardless of location.

For example: you have an NTSC X360. However, you'll only be able to play NTSC games and some region-free games - not, as you believe, any game regardless of its region coding. There are lists of these region-free games online if you're curious. The same applies to Australia - Australia is by no means region free.

I hope that helps.

i was pretty sure all the new consoles are region free but ok i know for defint that NDS, wii are and basically every DVD player in australia are region 8 encoded but hey if i was to get the 360 all i would have to do is order games from the usa no big deal i do that with most of my DVD's as i have a region 8 dvd player from australia

I WISH the 360 and similar consoles were region free. I'd be importing so many games from Japan!

The only imports I can play are SNES, GC, Saturn, PS, N64 and DC..

Dude i would so bid on this but you wont ship to the uk

if you could somehow send to the uk ill bid
Apparently it would cost like $50-60 to send it to Europe (and I'm not one of those scum bags that tries to profit on shipping costs)... I think that's why I was told I shouldn't bother with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back