Cheap Weathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
black spray paint and a headband from dollerama. spray away soit doesnt drip but enough so its wet. the wipe it (not in circular motions) til it leaves streaks. 2 or 3 streaks in diff directions usually works best.

pretty much all weathering techniques are cheap. look at adams youtube chest armor weathering, or just do a coat of silver paint- apply vaseline mix with dirt to the corner atop the silver paint. next spray on the black paint. once the black is dry the dirt/ vaseline can be washed off revealing the silver thus looking weathered.

Thanks guys. Underdogg especially. ;) I think ill go with Tandhem's provided method. Sounds cool. :)

yes sir. it work well. but also just spraying silver spray paint onto a wide paint brush and lightly brushing edges really really makes armor look legit and it is very cheap.

I've gotten several compliments on my paintwork in my WIP thread and its very simple yet looks good. Its kind of a slightly modified Adam method...

I go with doing primer/basecoat then shortly after it dries I hit a couple areas with ultra flat brown spray, in some areas I just light mist it and in some I leave a tad heavier. I let the whole piece sit for a day or so to cure pretty good. I then take black automotive primer, hit the edges with a pretty heavy coat then wipe it with a sock thats been dampened in mineral spirits. In some areas I go almost completely clean to the basecoat with it, but with this part you can play with it some. After I finish the black I spray the metallic silver spray paint on a cheap brush and kind of go sideways along some of the edges. I like using newer brushes for this part as they are easier to control. When I'm done with color I hit the whole piece with 1 or 2 coats of flat clearcoat and wet sand it with 2k grit paper.

heres a sample...

Halowear050.jpg

Sandpaper, comrade.

What I'm doing is applying multiple coats of paint, a silver-chrome-ish underneath a black coat, so I just use like 200 grit sandpaper and sand down the areas I want just enough to expose the undercoat of paint.

mustard!!! it works. go to the elite showcase and look at thorsolli's wip, pg 14. he tells you how. that's my favorite method

when i did my first weathering job on my helmet , i used acrylic paints instead of spray paint.just so if i messed up i could wipe it off and try agian. i used a sponge and a fan brush ,

vlcsnap-81720.png

not bad for a ghetto job , i f i can do this my first try , than im sure you can do just as good a job

you should probably listen to the more experienced members but I spray the piece with silver and let it dry for a while and then paint it black. when the paint is still dry you can use your fingers to scratch it.

IMG_0313.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back