Check this guy's armor out...he's finish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grid 187

Cardboard SPARTANS are on the rise, very awesome!! :lol: (y) !! Sometimes its not the size of your budget, but the size of your imagination!

Last edited by a moderator:
UGH!!..............................ok its good. (dammit i want a suit)......... *goes and cries for 5 hours*...... No but really that was sick your armor looks amazing for cardboard.

SpartanForever said:
UGH!!..............................ok its good. (dammit i want a suit)......... *goes and cries for 5 hours*...... No but really that was sick your armor looks amazing for cardboard.
Everyone has potential inside of them, Devin W, of bluerealm started from CB&DT as a kid and now look at his stuff This all really gives hope to the less experienced. :) Oh ya BTW Thats not my armor :) !! But without this informational site we'd ever of started ours we'll keep everyone posted as soon as pics become available aka WIP!! 35-40% and 200+ invested so far :p we had to redo the chest plate due to size and flexability issues!

Looks good, but it's the same person as before, but this time just a slideshow, after seeing the slide show I'm not as impressed in the detail, but for making it out of cardboard sheets he did good.

But like I always say.

Cardboard armor isnt better than pepakura, both are materials, your suit is only as good as how you use them.

edit, watched till the end, and admit the only th ing accurate and super detailed is the torso.....and the ending, omg...he needs clothes on.

AoBfrost said:
Looks good, but it's the same person as before, but this time just a slideshow, after seeing the slide show I'm not as impressed in the detail, but for making it out of cardboard sheets he did good.

But like I always say.

Cardboard armor isnt better than pepakura, both are materials, your suit is only as good as how you use them.

edit, watched till the end, and admit the only th ing accurate and super detailed is the torso.....and the ending, omg...he needs clothes on.
Fankly Im tired of you always analytically bagging on peoples work like your some high n mighty acclaimed biulder, and if you are have some respect alot of poeple do great work here, we don't need you to state the obvious!!!!! Pep is great nobody said is wasn't!! we've made pep armor as well. Cardboard is great, any person willing to showcase their work to the public is awesome. You need to stop that!! Thank you!

The only reason I constantly bring that up is because I've read to a point where I myself was tired of reading others say "pep has no detail, cardboard is better and faster" I'm not against cardboard, but when people look down on pepakura because of their impatience to cutting out and folding several peices, they look for an alternitive and rush at that too.

If you give your time and heart into something it will come out nice like this guy's suit on youtube, but if you rush, your suit isnt going to be chiefy at all, same for pepakura.

I could make a frame out of pepakura and cardboard and both would be detailess, but then I could go and cut more peices from my own creation and manually add the detail, then both types of material become a detailed suit.

AoBfrost said:
The only reason I constantly bring that up is because I've read to a point where I myself was tired of reading others say "pep has no detail, cardboard is better and faster" I'm not against cardboard, but when people look down on pepakura because of their impatience to cutting out and folding several peices, they look for an alternitive and rush at that too.

If you give your time and heart into something it will come out nice like this guy's suit on youtube, but if you rush, your suit isnt going to be chiefy at all, same for pepakura.

I could make a frame out of pepakura and cardboard and both would be detailess, but then I could go and cut more peices from my own creation and manually add the detail, then both types of material become a detailed suit.
I totally agree :lol: and thank you Aob for your reply!! Theres truth to that.. I hope all take that piece of advise into consideration when dealing with certain materials such as those :) .

Did you notice his feet peices were rounded? They didnt look chiefy, but they were painted good, I wish he had some sort of high resolution gallery for his armor, so we could see it for real.

AoBfrost said:
Did you notice his feet peices were rounded? They didnt look chiefy, but they were painted good, I wish he had some sort of high resolution gallery for his armor, so we could see it for real.

yea i noticed that too, caught my eye straight out. i have to admit thoe it is quite good for cardboard and duck tape. i agree the nakedness was unnecessary bit a little funny. reminded me of Donald duck getting out of the shower and putting a towel on for sum reason.

guys do not start bashing others works if you dont have a suit of your own and if you do, still dont bash

Everyones armor is good in its own way, come on can people not fight for one day i mean seriously. Even mine is good, lets just say my helmet that i made looks like a piece of crap but because people here are so nice they compliment me on trying anyway haha.

I believe what he did here takes more talent than pepakura, there is no fool proof plans for this stuff, and it turned out amazing! (and yes i saw the last pic unfortunatley)

P.S im not trying to say that pepakura builders arent artistic or creative but I believe this takes more imagination and talent.

smilie120 said:
I believe what he did here takes more talent than pepakura, there is no fool proof plans for this stuff, and it turned out amazing! (and yes i saw the last pic unfortunatley)

P.S im not trying to say that pepakura builders arent artistic or creative but I believe this takes more imagination and talent.

Your armor is as good as you make it. EVERY different type of material has potential to be great. It just depends on how hard you work and how talented you are.
And i agree that just making a pepakura suit takes less raw talent than building with cardboard from scratch. Ive done both and pepakura is deffinitley easier. Not so much the process but the plans for it. With pepakura you have all the steps lined out for you, Cardboard youre all on your own.

Everyone needs to start somewhere. Even if our armor is construction paper and duct tape. I like this kid's attempt. Alot like my own, his detail is very nice. There is another on here who made a suit of cardboard and used clay in the detail, its uncanny. Whether cardboard or pep, the amount of time and PATIENCE you put in will determine your final result.

I like everyone's armor on this site. I love how everyone contributes not only to help each other have these really awesome suits to own, but to spread the symbolism of the idea of MC. Regardless of detail, Halo, MC, the fight, I feel this is our purpose in this cause. Together, we are Spartans.. we have our elite pep/resin fiberglass class, and our newly recruited (I myself) green cardboard class. We crawl before we walk.

Kudos too all who contribute, and spread the cause.

AWESOME YOUTUBE VIDEO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back