Chestplate and general progress update! Help? (Third time is NOT the charm it seems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, ladies and gentlemen!
How have you all been doing the past two years?
I've been VERY busy, and as a result, I have only recently completed the rest of my armor. Well, the first step anyway :)
(Currently done are: Helmet, arms, biceps)
(Needing fiberglassing: Chestplate, cod piece, shins and thighs)
(Needing to be done completely: boot and the spine piece)
Thats the progress update, really...
Now as for my problem: I feel like the chest plate is... a bit bigger than it should be...
Now as far as the x axis is concerned, its just 4cm more than my waist at that spot, so I am ok with it.
As for the z axis (depth) though... As you can see, there's a huge gap and I feel like that is way too big.
Now, this bugs me even more because I've done very little the entire month other than work on that (Yes I am very slow with my pep work) and I've gotten a callus on my thumb and index finger from all the folding...
in less than a month I'll be leaving for studies abroad and I would rather have the armor done by then but if I have to redo the chest..well.. that puts a spanner in the gears of that, doesn't it?
This is the THIRD time that I have to redo the chestplate...
What do I do lads? I really need some tips at this point...
IMG_20170726_214431_693.jpg

IMG_20170726_214418_058.jpg

Honestly you might want to try a different file altogether. it seems like this one is either proportioned strangely or you might need to take the whole thing back to 3d. its tough to perfectly proportion sometimes

As a suggestion, better do those neck ends and shoulder ends with something soft like foam. The hard armor is only like this metal grayish part, rest is soft material and undersuit. Plus the armor is two parts and doesn't go "over the head".

latest?cb=20140306090203.png

Honestly you might want to try a different file altogether. it seems like this one is either proportioned strangely or you might need to take the whole thing back to 3d. its tough to perfectly proportion sometimes
Got any suggestions? :L
Where is Chernobyl when you really need 3d help...

Files are in the Armory, when you download the pack you'll have most likely multiple files to choose from. And I agree, your file is bit strange.

Files are in the Armory, when you download the pack you'll have most likely multiple files to choose from. And I agree, your file is bit strange.
The file I have (was recommended to me last year by Chernobyl) is the same as the one in the pack zip :L
upload_2017-7-27_11-33-34.png

Well, thats my summer goal not met xD
Darn it. I wasted it :p

Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard

give this one a download and don't forget to use the "measure distance between two points" tool
at this point you might want to scale from the shoulders. ive noticed that of all the suits the Reach files have the most play in the chest area if needed you could shave a few cm off the front of the armpit and the neck hole to add some room if too small.

Last edited:
Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard

give this one a download and don't forget to use the "measure distance between two points" tool
at this point you might want to scale from the shoulders. ive noticed that of all the suits the Reach files have the most play in the chest area if needed you could shave a few cm off the front of the armpit and the neck hole to add some room if too small.
Thats actually kind of the chestplate that I used. I might have measured a bit too high though.
I am now planning to measure using the horizontal waist length (which although I have a wide waist, is actually suprisingly slim comparingly) and use foam for the neck and shoulders to make sure everything is a good match.
But, it will have to wait... quite some time..
Thank you though! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back