Chris Bryan's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i think even though in the end it look same as fiberglass and others but it would last forever and have very low chance of dammage happening to it and if there was ever a dispute with a storm trooper or any other armor crafting person at convention you can show him how durable his armour really is. and maby it can save your life some day but thats just therory :)

Well vaccuforming is a very delicate process. Before being able to start on the project one must build a vaccuforming table. At any moment the project can go wrong. Not to mention making the mold would take an extra step. Fiberglass is to me kinda like a toxic paper mache. As long as you make a rough design of what you want, lay it over with some fiberglass. It's a little messier but I think compared to vaccuforming its a lot more newbie friendly.

i would not say newbie friendly, you have to plan how your going to make your plug make the eages fan out (so its ez to demould) and look at your plug make sure theres no undercuts, keep checking on the plastic making sure that it doesnt over heat the plastic if not the product well be to thin or get texture that you dont wan on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back