Cj's MK.V. Armor THread

Should I Stop, or keep going? (see 2ed post, page 9)

• Stop, go with a Diffrent Costume

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Keep going, figure it out later

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjsuner

Cj's MK.V. Armor NEED HELP!7/27/10

well look at that.... another WIP thread! it'z amazing how popular these are right now ;)

Anywayz, so i will be posting my progress (might be slow) on my Halo 1, style MK. V armor.
Now, i choosethis style of armor because 1. i like the desing.
2. I do not have to do much bondo work on it, cuz in the game it was very angular
3. i iz not the most in shape guy out there, so i figured this would be good.
4. it looks easy, and so far has been...

So, here is my progress so far, the Chest. I printed it, cut, and peped all today :D

4731861950_19f4f90b01_b.jpg

4731861560_1f0f92a2c7_b.jpg

So, what do you guyz think? all comments, suggestions and questions much welcomed!

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks good so far. it is always nice to see someone go back to the start of something great. just go slow and keep up the good work. So how are you going to paint it?

cool dude!! Im making Mk. V Armor too and have a progress thread too!! You and I should compare notes as we build it!! I got my suit pepped and resined. I get home on either sunday night or monday morning and I'm going start glassing/rondo'ing.

I plan i painting it like Griff's armor. so orange, which is my favorite color xD. and Matth, sounds like a good idea to me. Although, i don't think you will need to bondo/rondo it, and Mark V armor is very angular, i do not see a reason for it.

yeah i know what you mean about being angular. I just want to give it some good strength without doing multiple layers of fiberglass (cause it's kind of a b*$#h!!)

meh, im fine with fiber glassing, i don't mind the smell xD

You should still wear a respirator, the smell is just an indicator that there is something in the air, and that something is not very good for your health. Not good at all! If you dont want health and breathing problems at 30, I recomend you go get yourself a respirator.

i have one xD don't worry. and there probably won't be much progress today, as i am at a friends house

Ok guyz, so update time!

so, i pepped the stomach plate, and here it iz

DSCN4092.jpg

DSCN4093.jpg

i need to fiber glass it, then cut it on an area so i can put some velcro on it so that i can actually get it on xD any advice on how to do that?:$

ok, and then, i just finished my left bicep, which i think was the most annoying thing ever!
DSCN4091.jpg

DSCN4090.jpg

DSCN4089.jpg

And incase anybody is wondering.... i am about 5'5"-6" and all i do is increase the scale of all the parts by 10%. and that seems to be just fine.

So, what do you guyz think? aand advice is much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
haha i was just about to go digging for your thread to see if you had more progress!! Looks to me like the bicep might be just a tiny bit long but maybe some trimming down by the elbow would make it work. I used the scaling first technique in that scaling tutorial and the arm pieces didn't allow my arms to bend fully. So what i did was measure my body part for each individual piece based off of where it sits on ol Master Chief and then just punched those numbers in to the pepakura scale. seemed to work pretty good. Anybody else with pointers for CJ? Keep the updates coming!!

oh and I've got my stomach piece hardened and ready for finishing. What I plan on doing is cutting it in to 2 or 4 pieces depending on how they fit on me, and connecting the pieces with a snap and elastic strap type of deal so they would be able to stretch with movement. I also plan on connecting that piece to the torso using either foam rubber or neoprene so it would be a 1 piece chest/stomach. Just my idea, figured I'd throw it out there

ya, i might do a little trimming after i glass it. But i will finish the whole left arm first, before i decide anything.

And as for the Stmoach plate, yeaz! i am not the only one who wants/need to do that xD

So, coming up next will be the left forearm

awesome! you'll have to let me know what you plan on doing. Im busy today and tomorrow but I'll pick it up again on monday. Checked out my helmet chest stomach and biceps today and they are rock solid from the rondo and glass so i'll be ready to start detailing them this week. keep the updates coming!

haha, will do matth xD although, i am gonna have to go on a printing frenzy, cuz i am going to my grandmas for a few days, so i will print a few piece to bring along with me. most likely will be the right arm, and the cod/belt, and maybe, since my grandpa is a really fun guy to make stuff with, i might just print out the whole dang rest of it, besides the helmet xD. so check back for updates =D

haha, i want to see all the armor to xD it's just a matter if my printer will not freak out that is the deciding factor xD

which helmet you gona use? i used RunDown's model. Decent detail without being the HD version. Figured it would be kinda weird to have a simple body model and a HD helmet....

ok, so i finished the left forearm yesterday, which means the left arm is compleat =D so here are pics.
DSCN4095.jpg

DSCN4096.jpg

DSCN4097.jpg

So, what do you guyz think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back