Props Cloud's Advent Children Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltmcmuffin

Jr Member
Firstly, I want to get the pictures out of the way...
IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

*update*

started on the butterfly sword, production just came to a halt though... i realized that i have to make apocalypse before i can completely seal this sword up because i have to know where to place the magnets... :(

IMG_1186.jpg

yes, that's my shoe in the picture below, kinda shows the size of the blades...
IMG_1187.jpg

*update* (12/1/08)

just got around to taking (a) pictures (scratch the "S") of apocalypse, so here:
IMG_1188.jpg

six sheets of foam board down, hopefully only 4 left to go... (3 more swords left to finish)

*Update* (02/06/09)

just got around to taking more pictures and figured that i'd keep you guys posted, these swords (all but 2, the other 2 still need to be made) are all pretty much finished except for mounting the magnets and painting...

sorry, can't find the camera at the moment, I'll ask later when everyone is home, then post them ASAP.

Now i can explain the process...

Firstly, I printed the model from pep, then traced it onto foamboard and put it together after that, then i put electrical tape over where the edges og the sheets met, and reinforces the pieces spanning several sheets with Popsicle sticks...

so tell me guys, what do you think, or do you have any questions?

Whats the overall length it?

If you used mat-board you could resin and fiberglass it pretty easily and make it look very nice (not to mention make it more realistic in weight :D )

Looks pretty nice so far though!

Cool idea, i remeber seeing a video of someone who made them all from metal and they all fit together.

Omni-Slash FTW.

I wish sword match was a college course, i hate calculus....

I made a 7 ft black katana for Halloween out of poplar, may post that once I get a new camera.

Do you have the .pdo file?

some sword math :)
What kind of paint do you plan on using for a realistic metallic look?

as for paint, there are very few types of paint that will paint on electrical tape, acrylic being one of them (or i hope so at least), but i was going to mix a flat gray with a metallic to tone it down or find a slightly metallic...

btw, i used that picture as reference to get the length of each of the swords...

I wish sword match was a college course, i hate calculus....

I made a 7 ft black katana for Halloween out of poplar, may post that once I get a new camera.

Do you have the .pdo file?

the one that i have finished and shown in the pictures (i believe it's called organics) is here:
Organics Pdo

update in first post...

Last edited by a moderator:
ltmcmuffin said:
My hard drive recently went crazy and decided to die, and I lost all data on the disk, so currently I do not have all of the .pdo's; just the ones that were on my 4shared.

link to organics (the hollow blade):

http://www.4shared.com/file/73530101/b7f2033/organics.html
ok, do you know who did the 3D model for the hollow blade. i have a thread about the fully constructed sword and i have been trying to find someone who can do a 3D model and then unfold it. the thread is in the noob forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back