Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having trouble re-scaling the armour (im only 5'6") using pepakura. What is the best way to do it? im on my first build and would really appreciate any help.

Natalie

is carmine armor set (chest), same scaling and size as marcus chest? before you change the size/scale?
what should i size mine to?
my hieght from my bottom of my ribcage on my side to the beginning of my neck is 18 inches.
please help. i dont want to print off 46 pages and finish realizing that its way too big or small

I don't understand......what do you want me to do???...I get the "do it yourself part"

click on my name an hit send email not that hard

Im having trouble re-scaling the armour (im only 5'6") using pepakura. What is the best way to do it? im on my first build and would really appreciate any help.

Natalie

look around on this sticky your answer should be here a fellow builder are around your height

Good to see there are pep files for the COG Armor since I am currently starting to work on mine. Unfortunately there are no files for GOW 3 and for the female characters so I'm basically starting from scratch, but using the pep file for the chest and modifying it a whole lot. Hopefully there will be pep files soon for the female characters but for now its start from scratch.

SIMPLY AWESOME!! GOW is one of my fav games and ive been wanting to make this armor for ages.
The paint work etc is brilliant! Im blown away!
Brilliant!!

I could use some help scaling the torso (biggest/most parts)

I have done a few "test strips" to see and I feel my first print off may be too big, it doesn't appear to leave any room for the shoulder armor.

I am 6'2'' with a large frame (shoulder to shoulder is 24", bust is 52", and approximate size where the armor will end allowing for belt of 46") yeah, very barrel chested. I have 18" round neck as well. (these measurements allow for some padding as well)

The test was basically the top/neckrim portion, I did it quickly to see if it was going to be big enough for my neck to fit in, and small enough to leave room for the shoulder armors. I don't think the armors are going to fit on well at all since the top goes about 22" (out of the 24", leaving 1inch on each side to attach shoulders, they would hang off the side and not look right.)

any tips for scaling on this part?

i actually have the file for the anthony carmine helm. I am willing to share it if someone can find me his armor!! once i get a message about the armor i will post it for all to have!!!!!

you dont have to scale it to any thing your build right around were it is scaled to (6'2"ish or 6'3")

Alright I'll finish printing some more pages and see where it ends up. if nothing else I guess I could sell it here to someone that it could fit and save them the time. (although shipping would probably be killer on a large object like that, even split in 1/2 with packing foams)

And yea, I rearranged the parts on page to be collar/neck area, and printed pages 1-5 that way, having your own copy and up to date version of Pep Designer has it's major advantages (being able to save progress/layouts of pages, etc) Few hours re-arranging and you'd all agree - sucks to have to do it AGAIN later cuz you couldn't save.

+ A few hours into most files and you can print on a few less pages, saving paper costs, paper, and trees. Yup. Gone Green. Sorta.

Just seems too wide for me... maybe it'll turn out different or like when I put it on or something.. I dunno....eh... anyway.

whats your build type? if your concerned about it just pep the neck and shoulders

When i peped it fit like a glove actually had to cut the neck out to fit my head threw

My machine refuses to download these files.
Where may i go about acquiring the pep files for cog armor?

Problem solved. For some bloody reason my Machine refused to recognize it as a rar file. Never had that problem before. If its not too much a bother, would any one who built this be willing to share pics? Call it a bit of encouragment for a second time user of Pepakura (The first being Mark VI MJOLNIR with an EVA helmet, Horrificly botched it).

new to this forum and looking for some advice. Thanks for the files, but I am missing the elbow pads and thigh pads for marcus fenix. Any advice on how to make them or will you guys be releasing the pepakura files? I have the chest piece done, shoulders, wrists and cod piece and before I start fiberglassing wanted to know if these files were going to be added or should I just go ahead and build them from scratch. thanks in advance.

Did anyone have trouble with the shins? They are scaled to 6'2" I am 6" but when I built them, they look too small. Anyone else had this problem??

whats your build type? if your concerned about it just pep the neck and shoulders

When i peped it fit like a glove actually had to cut the neck out to fit my head threw

Spartan 051 thanks for the files so far everything looks great. I started my thread zeus - cog armor marcus fenix, anyway I finished all the parts but the feet look proportionally small compared to the rest of the suit. Looking to see if you have any suggestions other than scaling it bigger. I tried to add to the bottom them was going to add to the top but thinking of just redoing the whole thing bigger. You can see how it fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back