coke bottle visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

im fiberglassing the helm and i need reference pic of those guys who used a coke bottle visor...
also those who used something else, feel free to post pics and explain what it is youre using cuz im between a rock and a hardspot now with the visor complication.

dont go with a coke bottle use a binder divider like mine i got mine at a office depot for for reference check my pics

dude, is it even see-through from that? to me, it looks like u spraypainted orange over something and now its exactly the same thing with the legendary helmet.

Obviously someone's never heard of car tint

He tinted it, I think, heck the best way is to use a hjc visor, it is expensive, but heck, armor isnt supposed to be cheap. I spent 160 dollars on my suit, spending another 50 on my new helmet which I will go all out on. I already have half the materials, so lucky me, I dont need to spend another 100 some.

AoBfrost said:

He tinted it, I think, heck the best way is to use a hjc visor, it is expensive, but heck, armor isnt supposed to be cheap. I spent 160 dollars on my suit, spending another 50 on my new helmet which I will go all out on. I already have half the materials, so lucky me, I dont need to spend another 100 some.

i know of car tints...geez, i feel like a noob, but i've considered all options and opinions and i dont think im allowed to shop on ebay...if i could, i would but i cant get the hjc helmet, due to parental discrection...anyways, i have sort of the same binder divider but its translucent, perfectly clear up close to the sheet but completely whie 2 inches away, and i dont think window tint would work against that....unless i use transparent paper....might work...might not...

Last edited by a moderator:
coke bottles melt so don't use hotglue. and honestly its kinda weird your parents let you fiberglass but not buy from ebay

"The internet is just as dangerous as walking down the street."

My parents told me that once. My response was akin to:

"Go walk down the street next to the mall. If you get mugged and/or raped, let me know. If not, then by your logic, I can shop on eBay."

dont you ever remember being in school and seeing the posters on the wall cased in this clear plastic to keep it from getting ripped. Thats lamination.

Oh....now i get it, i thought it was some fancy autobody lamination...wow i am a noob...
and furthermore, DKK, ur right it is awkward isnt it? fiberglass all poisonous and dangerous but not ebay...haha i see ur point....
and Nomadic, good response, i wish i could backtalk like that but my parents will make an example out of me...with a chopstick and some red, white, and blue bruises for being rude...u know, traditional asian disciplinary stuff that asians do...lol

I've tried all methods and none come out shiny and glossy and smooth like a iridium visor can, some will come out smooth, but not 100% see through or 100% accurate. even the gold visors arent perfect, but they are as close as we can get to perfect.

AoBfrost said:

you dont need to sound rude aob. hes a nube to this stuff.

i might go with the coke visor for mine, or just breakdown and get a motorcycle visor.

i have an idea...

make a vacuform table ( 10 dollars...)

and buy some BROWN acrylic sheets from your local crafts store or homedepot/lowes/walmart...

take some clay and sculpt a visor shape.
or just cut off the fiberglassed visor from your pep helm o_O

and vacuform the acrylic.

take some gold spray paint and spray the INSIDE of the acrylic. make sure to leave a small spot in the middle for eye vision. and take some black cloth (like a semi see thru cloth)
and put it in the space.

and wala, instant visor that is actually geometrically correct! :D

you can easily achive the 2x visor look this way too...

i think someone already came up with this idea...

Westerfield does something like this o_O

oh, and make sure to spray the INSIDE of the visor

( <this side....

so that the paint will look smooth and even.

depending on the type of acrylic you got, it might even be slightly reflective!

Rocknrollcows said:
i have an idea...

make a vacuform table ( 10 dollars...)

a vacuum form table for 10 bux? how is that possible, all the ones ive seen take atleast 75-100 bux.

A vac form table doesnt cost that much, or that cheap, I've seen them for 20-30 dollars in parts, plus the cost of a vacuum for 30-40 dollars.

the best way to make the visor is to order a motorcycle visor in gold!! look at the tut about dual layering visor!!! its shows you what it looks like and where to get it

If the internet is your problem then just go to a local motosports place and get a motorcycle visor there.

That's what I do because I know the guys that work at mine. So I may pay $33 for a visor or $66 for 2 but I get some good conversation out of it and don't need to wait for it to come in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back