Cold Weather Resin and Drying Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentd3at4

Jr Member
Hey guys its getting cold out side and will this cause resin / fiberglass not to dry?! I resined my chest and back piece and it is still not dry 24+ hrs later!!! I thought I used enough resin and hardener (use bout the same every time and never had this happen before) I dont have the option to work on this stuff inside and am stuck to working with resin, etc. outdoors. Any ideas or suggestion to fix? Thought about using more hardener on the 3rd stage of resining / fiberglassing my piece and lightly resining over the still tacky other piece?

Hey guys its getting cold out side and will this cause resin / fiberglass not to dry?! I resined my chest and back piece and it is still not dry 24+ hrs later!!! I thought I used enough resin and hardener (use bout the same every time and never had this happen before) I dont have the option to work on this stuff inside and am stuck to working with resin, etc. outdoors. Any ideas or suggestion to fix? Thought about using more hardener on the 3rd stage of resining / fiberglassing my piece and lightly resining over the still tacky other piece?

Resins require a minimum temperature to cure, polyester resins usually like temperatures 20 °C and above.

i just had the exact same problem. I used a fan heater about 4 feet away from my pieces and the cured in about 3 hours. obviously leaving windows ect open.

Also If you have to resin more pieces Add about 4-6 more drops of the hardener. And that fan heater helps alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back