Colonial Check In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

serenko3

RXO
Member DIN
S985
Let us know how you are doing! Are you working on any new builds? Suits? Props? Show us!

We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! We miss seeing everyone, but we will see each other after this passes! Until then, keep busy and show us your projects!

Also we want to thank, all the frontline workers, volunteers, first responders, nurses, doctors, and everyone helping in any way they can!

I've been helping my parents clean up their empty apartments and just doing whatever with commission one for Deadman and getting ready for a second for Wade. I am also designing my mk3 ODST. That is to come soon, Also working on a hush-hush project. So busy me while I've been checking on members builds that get posted. Foam, fabric, glue, and templates. The good stuff.

Commission build #1: Here

I've been getting tons of downtime at my work so I can do research for my current suit. Feels really good to be back into cosplay after a long hiatus. Ordered some foam from TNT Cosplay Supply and I'm excited to see if all the hype about it is worth it! I'm sure it is, and most likely it'll be the primary foam I use for my next build, an ODST Medic that also has cosplay medical supplies (Like duct tape, glue, etc...). Hope everyone is doing well. One good thing about all this is we have more time to work on suits I hope!

I've been getting tons of downtime at my work so I can do research for my current suit. Feels really good to be back into cosplay after a long hiatus. Ordered some foam from TNT Cosplay Supply and I'm excited to see if all the hype about it is worth it! I'm sure it is, and most likely it'll be the primary foam I use for my next build, an ODST Medic that also has cosplay medical supplies (Like duct tape, glue, etc...). Hope everyone is doing well. One good thing about all this is we have more time to work on suits I hope!
I've been keeping a close eye on your progress Amir. You are doing an outstanding job! Keep at it, my friend.

I've been keeping a close eye on your progress Amir. You are doing an outstanding job! Keep at it, my friend.

Thank you Harri! Much appreciated. The Tactical Hard Case on your commission build looks amazing. Wouldn't of thought of using strapping as the hinge mechanism for it. Does it lock into place with magnets or anything?

Thank you Harri! Much appreciated. The Tactical Hard Case on your commission build looks amazing. Wouldn't of thought of using strapping as the hinge mechanism for it. Does it lock into place with magnets or anything?
It will be magnets. Magnets are amazing

I haven’t made a prop in what feels like forever! I work for the Fire Department here in MD as a Firefighter-EMT and we have been running non stop as you all can imagine. And what makes things even more comical is that I just bought a new construction home that i was suppose to be moving into shortly so i packed up MY ENTIRE SHED of tools/paints/supplies for making props....and now the finish date has been pushed till September due to covid! Lol sometimes you gotta laugh at the string of bad luck life can give you.

I haven’t made a prop in what feels like forever! I work for the Fire Department here in MD as a Firefighter-EMT and we have been running non stop as you all can imagine. And what makes things even more comical is that I just bought a new construction home that i was suppose to be moving into shortly so i packed up MY ENTIRE SHED of tools/paints/supplies for making props....and now the finish date has been pushed till September due to covid! Lol sometimes you gotta laugh at the string of bad luck life can give you.

Thank you for what your doing! That sucks about your workshop. Hopefully you'll get a lot of downtime once this is all over

So far I have been working steadily at my gas station job and being safe while I do it. My current con plans for next year is to have my halo reach spartan ready to go how I designed him in the game. I hope all of you are safe and healthy also.

After 4 months on furlough I'm finally back to work!!!! I got almost 0 done on any prop or suit....I was doing more work on my house in those 4 months than over the last 2 years!!! I did pick up my daughter's ODSK helmet and tried out a new material instead of bondo. Spackle!!! I know it's not as strong as Bondo but the drying time and sanding time is so drastically low, that adding an extra layer of paint or sealant would be worth it. Going to do this w/ my son's Emile helmet. I also got a head start on my Argus thigh. Like I said not much but at least its something.

I tried spackle on a project as well, my thought was then to 2 part plasticoat over top then scrap the under portion, if going this route use an acrylic primer over top of the spackle if you want it to stick to the spackled portion. To harden spackle I think kilz makes a good spackle hardener primer and sealer.

Thanks for the info serenko3. Believe it or not I was also going to try dental stone. I have a 25 lb box from my scenery making days. It has a PSI strength 3-4 times that of spackle. It just needs to be mixed correctly.....its an art.

Hope everyone is safe and well! I'm new but I recently started/ finished my first suit build! im working on making a sniper rifle to complete the MLG loadout! I already made 3 magnums ( learning/ improving through iterations) and the BR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back