Noble 6 Concept Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suit up time! This is probably the last photo of the full suit before painting. I've sanded the helmet down and removed the visor and such in preparation for painting. I realized when I put the bicep pieces on, with my undersuit they're a bit of a tight fit so I need to in with a dremel and remove some plastic. Starting to feel like a real spartan! I did splice up the 3D model for my shins and printed out a piece but it took a lot of filament to do and cost wise, it would of costed too much to print out both shins. I went back and modified the original pepakura file once more to make the shins out of foam and this time it was a success! My main issue was beveling a bunch of edges but I was able to figure it out this time. The front of thighs are accurate to the concept art and then the rest is to the default reach ones since I'm not able to see the other views of it. Also, i'm going to have to split the chestplate in half on one side or both. It's too hard to put the chestplate on, basically have to push the flexibility that I have to put it on.

The COD piece is a little low in the photo but for the final it'll be mounted properly a little higher up to hide the break between the shirt and pants. Also I just forgot to have the butt plate taped onto my back also but it'll be there. Have to make the boots also which will be based off the concept art and will just fit over the boots i'm wearing in the photo. Shoulder pieces are sanded also and ready to paint! Working on the kneepads also. For the right arm, I'm not going to put any attachments there as of now. Maybe in the future I will but you can't clearly see what's there.

EbRxKFW.jpg
iiPobVY.jpg
L6j2vWS.jpg
XiwKMqP.jpg
AkdSdpc.jpg
ZYAaqq7.jpg

So since I wanna go Tier 3 and I have a big void in my torso, my idea for the abdomen wrap is that I ordered 4mm and 6mm foam from TNT Cosplay Supply and whichever feels better will be used as a base. That will be basically a long rectangle that wraps around my abs and has a velcro connection in the back. Then I will go in with 2mm or 4mm foam (whichever feels better when I get it) and put in the details for the abs on the base. The photo below is just a quick stitch of the front and side ab parts from the concept art and the back is from some other concept art but seems to fit the theme. I will go in and trace this all out and make sure it seems fluid. I will use this vinyl spandex and glue it down to the foam wrap with contact cement. Assuming I do a good job it'll look good might look like I sewed it if i get all the creases right. Since the back will also have the armor pieces on the spine and the armor ability (it'll velcro to the ab wrap) you shouldn't see the seam from the ab wrap. Hopefully this plan works out because I can't sew so I'll have to think of another alternative if this doesn't work out.

Ab Wrap thing.png

Edit: I was able to sketch out a nice pattern. I noticed on back/spine once the butt plate is there and I attach the armor ability module, there isn't much space to see any detail so less work for me. At first, I used a mannequin and drew the design on tape that was wrapped around it to get positioning for the COD and chestplate. Then cut it off and made it flat, scanned it on my phone and scaled it in photoshop. Then put it in Fusion 360 and traced it out. Then I overlayed the picture above and made better adjustments for parts. The Armor Ability modules are just there so I know where the cut off for the detail on the side/back should go to. Probably after printing it out I'll find that there's going to be a need for more adjustments.

Ab wrap template.PNG

IMG_8987.jpg
IMG_8989.jpg

For the boots these are some from the concept art's i'm using so I will base it mostly off of these and have them attach to actual boots. I'll figure out a pattern and it'll look nice.

concept boots.png

Last edited:
I've been slowly working on the suit now since mainly now its painting so I have to wait for good weather to do that outside. The Chestplate, COD, Thighs, and Shins have been plasti dipped with 3 layers. I might go in and do one or two more layers. Helmet, Biceps, Shoulder pieces, and Forearms are getting the filler primer treatment and sanded a few more times. For the Biceps when I was suiting up it was hard to actually get the biceps up my arm due to the undersuit i'll be wearing adding more thickness than I thought. I went in and sanded the bottom area of the biceps so there a bit more room down there and that should be enough clearance. I also split the chestplate on the left side with buckles and velcro. I tired to make it so there isn't much of a gap but I think once I mount the knife in, it won't be noticeable unless you get real close.

AmEM0Oj.jpg

I was able to make the Abdomen wrap area and I think it looks pretty good. Maybe some adjustment slightly. There are 2 buckles in the back that buckle together now but in the photos I have here I didn't have the buckles setup yet so its just taped to me. I'm gunna put velcro attachment points so the COD and Abs align better. I put more detail into the front of the ab wrap also. Also I should of mounted the chestplate pouches to see if any other void is there but I'm sure it'll be fine! I'm working on the knees probably will update this post with pics if I get it done today. I also am doing one last sanding run on the DMR and then will start to actually paint it.

3jHCPBx.jpg
Psceu1w.jpg

Took a bit of a break on the suit the ramp board on my 3D printer (Robo 3D R1) died and the print bed wouldn't heat up so I had to replace it and solder some new leads for things but that's fixed now so we're back in business. I purchased all the paint I'll be using for it! Also, got that new sexy Nerf Assault Rifle. Although it's model is supposed to be Infinite, obviously its heavily inspired from Reach. So I'm going to do some modifications to the nerf gun to make it look close to the Reach one. I took a side by side picture of my nerf one vs the one I made in 2015, It's slightly smaller but looks way better! Did some slight photoshop to show the general final result of what the rifle will look like. I'm going to use a 6 dart mag and 3D print the mag details and glue that together. Then add a functioning flashlight in the front. I think the flash light I'll install will be one where you twist the top part where the LED is and it turns on so no need to cut a hole for a button. And last but not least make the ammo counter light up. After opening up the ammo counter, there is plenty of room to put a battery and LED and cut a hole for a switch or button. I'll have to figure out a transparent design for a custom ammo counter that'll say 32 since this one is a black piece of plastic with decals or paint. I was hoping the whole thing was semi transparent so just putting a LED in there would be easy. Obviously I'll sand off the Halo and Nerf logos. Probably will keep the UNSC one though it looks nice. Then I'll paint it accordingly. Hopefully will keep the nerf gun fully functional also and modify the fly wheel and such so it can shoot further, the inside from what I've heard is it's basically a glorified Nerf Stryfe or Rayven so should be good.

dmEhqBc.jpg

New rifle look.jpg

9RUQSQd.jpg
HlIDqcc.jpg
PW6bAiM.jpg

Here's the paint layout for my suit, all parts are Plasti Dipped/Primed and sanded with filler depending on if its foam or 3D printed. For the helmet, I'll get some strapping glued around the helmet to look like it's holding in the helmet attachment. I'm still working on a good boot setup.

paint using.jpg

The Glacier Gray will be the primary color for the silver/gray tones
The River Rock will be used as the main secondary color for the chestplate, biceps, shoulders, COD, and helmet
The Green Camo like color will be used for the shins
Black will be used on the boots, forearms, helmet attachment, part of the thighs/shins, and pouches.
White will be used for any details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back