Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viperfox

What is the color I should spraypaint my armor with? I know it's green, but what kind of green?

EDIT: This can be closed, costume is finished.

VF

Viperfox said:
What is the color I should spraypaint my armor with? I know it's green, but what kind of green?

VF

dude go with olive ,italan olive or od they look the more like mc's armor color ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Viperfox said:
I got the paint for the armor.

But I still need to know what to do about the visor. :D

-VF

theres a ton of links to visors in a ton of different thread the easiest place is ebay search for HJC gold visor. flyin brian is a good seller fast shipping. or buy from an online store, or a local store.

Rustoleum Army Green rocks, But I have seen at meijers in the auto department, they had flat green which I swear is the same color as the chief's armor, I forget the brand or color name, but I took the can to the halo poster, same color, can was 5 dollars each, I'd say 2-3 cans will do the armor....plus 2-3 cans of base coat white/gray/black whichever you choose, I buy my base coats at Big lots for 1 dollar a can, works fine for me.

AoBfrost said:
Rustoleum Army Green rocks, But I have seen at meijers in the auto department, they had flat green which I swear is the same color as the chief's armor, I forget the brand or color name, but I took the can to the halo poster, same color, can was 5 dollars each, I'd say 2-3 cans will do the armor....plus 2-3 cans of base coat white/gray/black whichever you choose, I buy my base coats at Big lots for 1 dollar a can, works fine for me.

I have the green I just don't have the color for the visor. I need to be able to see out of the helmet.

-VF

i used olive green, it looked good so far so i suggest that and it looks really close to the actual color of master chief but if ur not making a master chief look i suggest cobalt as ur color because no one has that color and it looks cool

What kind of paint would u use to get the high gloss type stuff to make the armor look like the one in halo 2? What I mean is a bit more glossy than some of the pictures Ive seen. Also is there anyway to get the pepakura to look less like paper and more like some type of armor?

Agenator said:
What kind of paint would u use to get the high gloss type stuff to make the armor look like the one in halo 2? What I mean is a bit more glossy than some of the pictures Ive seen. Also is there anyway to get the pepakura to look less like paper and more like some type of armor?

silver paint on the sharp edges goes a long way to making it less folded paper looking. also painting in the details and not just painting it one flat color help deemphasize the "i look like i'm wearing green cardboard" look

Rustoluem is good, I used their sand texture to get the rough look, it also helped get rid of the lines, it made the armor look rough but smooth so you dont get soo many fold lines, then I painted over with green.

Heres how I paint

Light grey base
dry
Light rusto sand texture
dry
lots of army green'
dry
black here and there
whipe off right away
silver on the paintbrush to make it look scratched and worn.
go over with sand texture again to make it look dirty and rougher. Lighty so the green and black still shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back