Commissioning Gears Of War Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyStyle

Hey all, This site finally opened up registration so now I can finally post and ask about this. I spent most of the time just lurking the forums but anyway! I was looking to see if I could get a commission on Bairds COG armor from Gears of War? I am looking for quotes and whatnot, how long it would take, etc. From what I can tell its pretty much the same as Carmines. Btw, if it helps any, im about 5'9 ish, and 150 lbs. I wear about a 30 inch waist comfortably, shoe size is 11. I can provide some pictures if needed and get more measurements. So can someone help me out please?

Also, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum >_> I wasn't exactly sure where to put it.

E-Mail: kirbystyle@hotmail.com

AIM: kirbystyle69

350px-Baird.jpg

your waist size and stuff doesnt matter cause you still have to scale it in pep and somebody made the marcus COG suit and you could probably modify it to look like birds very easily

the fenix armor would work as a base, though you would have to modify to remove the back pack... there are a couple of members doing GoW builds... and all the fenix pep files are posted as well as the carmine helm... pick and choose and post up your progress

it may not be halo, but I'm sure you'll try your hand at that as well. it's kind of aditictive, this prop armor building stuff. have fun with it!

Have you considered Nightmare COG armor?

DSC01037.jpg

That's our old Mod Redsleighdown, rocking the Baird for NAS.. My photos really don't do it justice.

Not sure what they're charging, but I've seen unfinished sets for sale... somewhere.

Ah... NAS... what we strive to do. I shall one day destroy them! :p

They do excellent work, but then again... there may be a master builder in the 405th (besides Adam and his band of merry men (women))...

I have to say...the GOW armour looks really heavy! o_O

I am sure it isnt....or the wearing of it would be for short troops.

That aside i think it is one of the most menacing eye catching costumes. Think i would feel pretty small next to one of those dudes.

Love to see that at an expo.

Helibor said:
I have to say...the GOW armour looks really heavy! o_O

I am sure it isnt....or the wearing of it would be for short troops.

That aside i think it is one of the most menacing eye catching costumes. Think i would feel pretty small next to one of those dudes.

Love to see that at an expo.

I know right! I really wanna go to an expo with it! Theres gonna be one in Cali that Im probably gonna fly out to, and I REALLY wanna go as Baird. That would be so awesome! Plus I have this friend that REALLY like Baird so she would liek freak out! lol I just kinda stray from nightmare cause like, they seem really expensive :p, and ive seen work on here from other people that is just as good that won't run me $4,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
having someone scratch build you an entire suit of armor isnt going to be cheap. The cost could easily get up to 4000 dollars, especially if its from one of the more skilled members.

I would suggest you Make your own... Seeing as how you are on a prop building site with a ton of knowledge... Or start working overtime at your job and buy the NAS armor.

I'd love to see a complete set made by someone other than NAS because they're the only people I've seen actually complete it. The armor is just so awesome looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back