Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Silhouette CAMEO comes out in a few days, has anyone heard anything about it? If it is really that much better I will wait and order one, or should I try and find someone who still sells the SD?

Anyone know if the setup would be any different for legal size card stock? There are some files that have some really long pieces and there is a legal size carrier sheet that came with my SD. As soon as I find one either local or online, this would be great to get those big pieces done, like Satchmo III's Plasma Rifle. I absolutely hate cutting, and this printer has been a savior! Once I got the controller working, it has been nothing but smooth sailing. Worth every penny!

Edit: Here's a helpful tip when gluing the pieces of your pep object. Let's say you have a helmet with 20 pages of card stock and 140 pieces (just throwing numbers out there). After your ROBO does it's job, when you go to pull the carrier sheet off, leave all of the pieces in the paper. Leave them in a stack, and when you start gluing everything together, pick a piece to start, find the corresponding piece by which page it is on, and pull out individual pieces. That way you don't have a pile of pieces that you have to dig through to find the next one to glue. Just go to the right page and pull it out.

I am about to start on a stormtrooper helmet with 24 pages and 153 parts, and this is the only way I think I'll keep my sanity. Untill I get to bondo/sanding...

you could also do what i do, get everything cut out and just layout the pieces on the floor/table where they go and that way i know where the next piece is. takes about 5 mins to figure out then folding and gluing it is.......

P.S. i HIGHLY Recommend using hot glue gun to assemble. i was using wood glue, but since i switched over it definitely takes like 1/8th of the time to assemble a piece.

P.P.S it used to take me like 2 weeks to cut and score the helmet, i got my whole suit cut and glued in just 2 weeks!!!

So the Silhouette CAMEO comes out in a few days, has anyone heard anything about it? If it is really that much better I will wait and order one, or should I try and find someone who still sells the SD?

Has anyone had a chance to test this yet?

CraftROBO CC330-20 Question

I have read the thread, and wondered if anyone has any opinions on this device. Is it compatible, reviews, etc. Thanks all!

I have read the thread, and wondered if anyone has any opinions on this device. Is it compatible, reviews, etc. Thanks all!

The CraftROBO CC330-20 and the Silhouette SD are the same machine marketed under different names. Yes, it is compatible.

mating4.jpg

mating2.jpg

mating3.jpg

I like great forum

Hello All. Brand new to this forum and new to mechanical paper cutting. i just bought my sil SD and have ran into a problem.

Pepakura doesnt register the c330l. after many attempts to install the proper driver i finally came across one that got me past that "cannot find information about CRAFT ROBO controller error" but now when i press cut. the option to print with the graphtec c330L is NOT an option. i dont know what else to do. it as tho all the software installed properly but my comp is not seeing the actual machine.

Any ideas? anyone came across this before?

also i dont have the ability to use the controller on a stand alone basis. any advice would be helpful!

Thanks

::EDIT::
if successfully installed the software. i have access to the controller as well. pepakura wasnt recognizing the silhouette because it hadnt installed itself as a device. i manually added it to the device list and now everything works all the way up into the cutting part. after loading the media w/ carriage i am forced to re align the blade to the cutting square. it SEEMS to work fine and when i press CUT in the controller it, the machine runs fine. it aligns itself properly with the cutlines. then a prompt box appears telling me its ready to cut, click ok to start cutting. i click ok. nothing happens. the box simply reappears and reappears. yet no cutting..

Ideas?

Silhouette Cameo

Yeah, I was so excited today to get my Cameo and now that I've opened it and tried to work it with Pepakura viewer, to my disappointment, it's not working with the software.

Any help anyone on this?

Edit:

So I was able to get the Cameo to punch out the parts and was able to use a setting of 5mm x 5mm not using trying to use the CraftROBO SD Software, which I paid for...

I just basically used the letter type and hit print as if I was going to print the sheets and boom! It cut my shapes. The down part about that is that you can't print with preprinted images, using the points.

Once I finish this my guyver project, I'll toy around with it some more.

Xvang24

xvang24

Silhouette Cameo

I am unfamiliar with the Silhouette SD, Silhouette Cameo, and the pep viewer for craftrobo program. I know the concept and it greatly appeals to me. I am just starting into Pepakura and did a test for Halloween to see how I handle the process. You can see what I did here:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-tony-stark-gauntlet-arc-ractor-halloween-131124/

Anyways, I want to do a complete Ironman suit so I would definitely like to get a cutter for that. Since the Silhouette SD is discontinued I was looking at the Silhouette Cameo.

xvang24, since I haven't used a cutter for pep work before, could you explain in more detail how you got the cameo to cut your pep files? What features work with the SD model cutter that you can't get to work with Cameo?

For those of you that would like to use the Silhouette Cameo.
Please note that you cannot punch out pre-printed designs, unless you can align the printer the same as the Silhouette Cameo.
I've opted not to pre-print and just punch, peel, and glue.
My laptop's always with me, so I still use it for reference, rather than the numbers on the pieces.
Also, from what I can tell, you can fit more pieces into each page with this method than using the CraftROBO SD Software.

Here are my settings for Landscape, all you have to do is make the minor changes to for Portrait:

silouettecameosetup.png

By xvang24 at 2011-11-29

Ok, I have done some research and played around with the Silhouette Studio software a little today. I don't have the Cameo yet so I haven't tested it but this should also work:

The software has a print-and-cut feature that allows you to take any regular image, open it in Silhouette Studio, and trace the image (a few options are available). When it traces the image it assigns cut lines. What seems as though it would work is to open the pep file in pep viewer, export to BMP for each page, open the BMP in Silhouette Studio, use the trace outline feature, then print it out and run it through the Cameo. The Cameo will read the registration marks on the paper and cut the predefined lines.

Also, for those interested, I contacted Silhouette America and talked to a pretty knowledgeable guy who knew about pepakura and he said while there is currently no support for the pepakura format they are working on a possible solution.

On another point of interest, I contacted Tamasoft (developer of the Pepakura Viewer) and they said that Silhouette has not shared the SDK required for development of software compatible with the new Cameo. I then sent an email to Silhouette America requesting that they develop software compatible with pepakura files or share the SDK with Tamasoft so that they could update their pepakura viewer to be compatible with the Cameo.

Perhaps if enough of us pep builders requested this then it might get their attention and maybe they will work towards a solution a little faster. If you would like to send them an email feel free to copy anything from this post. Here is their email address: support@silhouetteamerica.com

Anyways, take it or leave it. Hope this info is helpful to someone.

Hey Dark,

I'm glad you made contact with both companies and gave them the common ground for the development.

I've all played with the import of the bmp file too but it's the sizing that concerns me. It's not accurate sizing according the .pdo fitting size.

I bought a brand new Silhouette SD yesterday and it came with the Silhouette Studio software, the pepakura craftrobo would not work with it. So I uninstalled the the program and went to http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/ and downloaded ROBO Master CC330 version 5.30 (87.7MB). I also downloaded the the driver and and controller from the site. It works now!

Does anyone know where to get one of these? I've looked everywhere and I can't find one. I realize they're discontinued but there has to be some available somewhere

I bought a brand new Silhouette SD yesterday and it came with the Silhouette Studio software, the pepakura craftrobo would not work with it. So I uninstalled the the program and went to http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/ and downloaded ROBO Master CC330 version 5.30 (87.7MB). I also downloaded the the driver and and controller from the site. It works now!

Are you referring to the Silhouette Cameo? And working within the CraftRobo option?

Update:

OMG, I can't believe I tried everything except using the old driver!!!

Go to the following website:
http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/

Thank Black Ops! I've got it to work! Here's what you need to select from the website!!

-Cutting Plotters
-Discontinued / Legacy Cutting Plotters
-Craft ROBO Pro 2
-Drivers & Downloads

Depending on your OS: -
Download Windows 32 bit Plotter Driver
32 bit Windows XP/Vista/7 only (Note: Not for use on 64 bit OS)
or
Download Windows 64 bit Plotter Driver
64 bit Windows XP/Vista/7 only (Note: Not for use on 32 bit OS)

Also download the Controller, found right below it:
-Windows Plotter Controller

You're done! All thanks to Black Ops!!

Update:

OMG, I can't believe I tried everything except using the old driver!!!

Go to the following website:
http://www.graphtecamerica.com/support/

Thank Black Ops! I've got it to work! Here's what you need to select from the website!!

-Cutting Plotters
-Discontinued / Legacy Cutting Plotters
-Craft ROBO Pro 2
-Drivers & Downloads

Depending on your OS: -
Download Windows 32 bit Plotter Driver
32 bit Windows XP/Vista/7 only (Note: Not for use on 64 bit OS)
or
Download Windows 64 bit Plotter Driver
64 bit Windows XP/Vista/7 only (Note: Not for use on 32 bit OS)

Also download the Controller, found right below it:
-Windows Plotter Controller

You're done! All thanks to Black Ops!!

Just wanted to confirm this xvang24.. these are the steps for getting the Silhouette Cameo to work with Pepakura Viewer for Craft Robo. I have one coming for x-mas and didn't realize it wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back