Complete Pepakura Viewer for CraftROBO guide/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am jumping on the band wagon with having an issue with the Silhouette Cameo that I can’t seem to understand. I have followed the tutorial listed here to the letter. I downloaded the needed updates to make it work with windows 7, and I have had successful cuts. However, every now and again ((At an increasingly more frequent rate)) It just decides it wants to cut it askew by just under an inch.

It will just happen with no forewarning or pattern, I will set the sheet in, use the arrow keys to set up the registration marks, and have the device calibrate. It will all go through perfect, and then I hit ‘cut’. Occasionally it will cut things absolutely perfect, and on other times it will shift it an inch and cut way off the path. I will re print the same sheet, feed it in, and it will cut it perfectly as if nothing wrong ever happened.

This will always happen to the first sheet I put in after a reboot, and the likelihood of it occurring has raised to about 50% of the time, if not more. I am unsure if it is something I myself am doing incorrectly, or if it’s a setting. But the fact I can try again and have it work makes me worry it may be something with the program. At this point I am burning through four ((or more)) sheets of paper just to successfully cut one sheet which is very… bad…

Everything is proportioned properly on the askew one, it isn’t like it is stretching the cuts or anything. It just wants to plop it down an inch to the left of where it is in reality.

Any insight to this I would greatly appreciate!

I am jumping on the band wagon with having an issue with the Silhouette Cameo that I can’t seem to understand. I have followed the tutorial listed here to the letter. I downloaded the needed updates to make it work with windows 7, and I have had successful cuts. However, every now and again ((At an increasingly more frequent rate)) It just decides it wants to cut it askew by just under an inch.

It will just happen with no forewarning or pattern, I will set the sheet in, use the arrow keys to set up the registration marks, and have the device calibrate. It will all go through perfect, and then I hit ‘cut’. Occasionally it will cut things absolutely perfect, and on other times it will shift it an inch and cut way off the path. I will re print the same sheet, feed it in, and it will cut it perfectly as if nothing wrong ever happened.

This will always happen to the first sheet I put in after a reboot, and the likelihood of it occurring has raised to about 50% of the time, if not more. I am unsure if it is something I myself am doing incorrectly, or if it’s a setting. But the fact I can try again and have it work makes me worry it may be something with the program. At this point I am burning through four ((or more)) sheets of paper just to successfully cut one sheet which is very… bad…

Everything is proportioned properly on the askew one, it isn’t like it is stretching the cuts or anything. It just wants to plop it down an inch to the left of where it is in reality.

Any insight to this I would greatly appreciate!

I made a video tut for the silhouette cameo. It's in my Noble 6 build in my signature.

In reference to the thing cutting off the line like you described and being the right dimensions and everything, but being offset. I've had this happen with mine, but found that I was creating the error by doing one of three things.

The first way I found that I was causing it was while it was reading the registration marks, I would go to cut developments and select the page to be cut before it was done reading the registration marks trying to speed up the process a little but. You have to wait for the registration mark reading to completely finish before you can select the page to cut. When I did this my machine did the exact same thing that you are describing.

The second way I found I was causing it, was my work area was too bright and it was interfering with the laser on the machine reading the registration marks. I have a work light on the table with my machine. If I left it on while taking registration mark readings, it would be offset when cutting. I suggest that after you have the sheet in the machine ready for the registration mark reading to be taken, close the cover on the machine if you're leaving it open.

The third way I found that was caused by me was that I didn't verify the registration mark reading manually before setting up the machine. In the pepakura viewer it will show what the computer recommends or what it thinks the registration marks are spaced at. I found that on the printed page it could be a millimeter or two off and you have to adjust the spacing manually on the silhouette controller for the program. With you saying that it cuts wrong, but then cuts it perfectly (assuming you didn't change anything when you loaded a subsequent page) I don't think that this operator error would be causing it.

It sounds like you're possibly getting a bad registration mark reading by your work area being too bright, or you may be doing what I described in the first error by selecting the page to cut before the registration mark reading is taken. When I figured out that I was doing this and it messed it up, I haven't had any errors anymore with it not cutting on the lines perfectly every time. Now. . . . I have had some issues sporadically with it not cutting all of a particular line. It has missed about an inch of a line here or there, but this isn't that big of an issue, because all I have to do is cut out the rest of it. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this cutting error, and currently believe that it may just be a problem with the particular file that I'm cutting out because of the way it was unfolded. I've also noticed on some files that they have "ghost lines" that aren't showing up on the unfold and the machine cuts where there are not lines. Upon closer inspection of the file, there are actually lines there and no way to join them back together if they are cut. So when you're getting your files ready to cut, make sure you don't have any of these. If you do, I recommend cutting them by hand so those areas do not get cut out.

I hope that this helps you out in some way. If you have any more info about how you're setting up your machine or what it is doing, feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a silhouette cameo and I set up the silhouette Cameo Pepakura Software. I try to open the Cameo controller but it gives me the message Error 57. It says it cannot connect to the cameo, and I checked all the cables and made sure it is set up but it continues to give me the same message. If you know the answer to this problem, contact me or send me a PM here on the forums.

Thanks,
Halo 3 Props

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a silhouette cameo and I set up the silhouette Cameo Pepakura Software. I try to open the Cameo controller but it gives me the message Error 57. It says it cannot connect to the cameo, and I checked all the cables and made sure it is set up but it continues to give me the same message. If you know the answer to this problem, contact me or send me a PM here on the forums.

Thanks,
Halo 3 Props

Not sure about that one. Possible the controller needs to be re-installed. You also might want to check out the 'Ultimate guide to cutting with the cameo' or something like that. It is posted on TheRPF.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back