Complete Reach Recon Build-Duckster18 Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been concentrating on the gun lately, as well as the electronics. I picked up some batteries and holiday lights and will use those for the armor lights. I've seen a ton of people spending alot of money on lights, wires and circuits..I figured out though you can just clip ONE light off a some what busted strand of holiday lights, connect the ends to the positive and negative sides of a battery, and they work. Spent about 5 bucks on the whole thing. The gun is gonna be a modded nerf gun. I have a recon nerf gun and i realized that even their water gun models can be attached to the dart models. Im gonna buy a rayven and a longstrike and it should look similar to a dmr or br. Here's the ROUGHEST variation in the world:

nerf-mod.gif

I looked around and i believe that the Nerf Rayven is the only nerf gun where the mag is actually in the butt of the gun, where all UNSC loadout weapons are fed(BR, DMR, and AR), so i think this would be the best gun to use. It also helps that it's a semi-auto gun right out of the box. I tried modding my nerf recon last night and failed..miserably so that gun can't be used. The barrel and mag can be used for a SMG looking weapon attachment. Thankfully, Christmas is soon and I should get the Rayven and Longstrike. Then just a nice paint job and some detail and they'll be UNSC ready. In the mean time, I finished the paint job for the boots, knife and sheath, and even made a nice mod to the recon's laser sight. Check it out:

FB_IMG_13537809701993399.jpg

FB_IMG_13537809888566413.jpg

The only thing left for the boots is to attach black elastic to the covers and actual boot armor. This way, I can just slide these armor sections off and wear the regular boots without having to actually adhere them to the boots themselves.

Laser/flash light attachment
FB_IMG_13537812989109736.jpg

FB_IMG_13537813148414001.jpg

FB_IMG_13537813363069016.jpg

FB_IMG_13537813516527403.jpg

I give everyone the NERF..I mean the UNSC Rayven fully automatic sub-machine gun:
FB_IMG_13538212378766767.jpg

The UNSC Recon Assault Rifle:
FB_IMG_13538212676395031.jpg

The UNSC Longshot DMR:
FB_IMG_13538213281478508.jpg

These pieces will be painted and finished tomorrow. It will be all black with metallic silver worn parts, just like the laser/flashlight mod.

2012-12-22_16-22-10_524.jpg

Leg. Looks pretty good. Just need to get the "stretchy" things for the boot and I'm gonna use shin guards to attach to the shin pieces so they can slide on with ease.

I havent been on here in 2 years. I'm really sorry but since my last post, I haven't worked on the costume at all. Originally, my grandfather was letting me borrow his tools and he passed away in 2012. I apologize for not keeping up with this. Things got ahead of me and I concentrated on graduating from college.Luckily, I will be done with school in 2 months and I will pick up on working on the costume then. A lot needs to be done with it(still have the chest pepakura to cut out and glue.) I've also been looking into doing a foam suit after this one is finished and see how the two processes compare to one another.

It's all good man, life comes before hobby. Take it easy, it's good to see you back. :) What are you graduating in?

Welcome back, sorry to hear about your grandfather. I look forward to seeing the rest of your suit. Take your time and no rush :)
We will be here when youre ready to continue

Welcome back, sorry to hear about your grandfather. I look forward to seeing the rest of your suit. Take your time and no rush :)
We will be here when youre ready to continue

Thanks, I really appreciate it. What's left to do is:
-Finish cutting out chest and gluing it together
-Resin the chest, COD and thigh pieces
-Bondo those pieces
-Figure out how the suit will go on and fit

Doesnt seem like to much lol. The sanding is going to be the longest im sure. unless youre good at applying bondo and dont need to sand much. Looking forward to pics :)

Doesnt seem like to much lol. The sanding is going to be the longest im sure. unless youre good at applying bondo and dont need to sand much. Looking forward to pics :)

Yeah definitely. I definitely need to get better grain sand paper. I mean the new thighs and COD piece are a lot better than the ones I had to throw out, but my worry is the chest. I got a file that looks very sturdy when putting on resin, but it has yet to be glues together. It's alot more detailed than the last one, so that may be difficult as well. I just realized I never posted the photos of those new pieces so I gotta do that too ha. I also finished the knife, which looks great!

Looks beautiful! good idea with the boots, its something I now have to think about before I start my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back