knife
2012-08-02_17-35-28_117.jpg

forearm
2012-08-02_17-35-36_679.jpg

knee
2012-08-02_17-35-49_437.jpg

helmet
2012-08-02_17-35-22_541.jpg

Hey guys, i realize I haven't posted in a lil while. Bad news...I HAD to toss the chest and cod piece. Its odd, in some places, the Rondo would not harden while in others it hardened perfectly. I had to get rid of it so I will have to re-do the chest and COD pieces. Everything else however can and will be completed. Idk when my build shold be finished but i will start back up on it tomorrow so i will keep everyone posted.

I might have to also toss one thigh, it shifted so badly when it dried that it might now be usable. Some places, the rondo didn't dry correctly so it's soft in some places. I did however finish the knife, which i think looks badass compared to how it began. Here it is:
2012-08-21_14-16-55_834.jpg

I had the same issue with my pep thighs. Then I turned to foam and haven't look back, heh.

Ha yep. Pep is a hassle, but i DO NOT have the skill for foam. I would accidentally rip it when trying to bend, im sure of it. Plus, I really want the costume to last and everyone I have talked to on here about foam is that you can't really appreciate it for years afterward cause it wears down fairly quickly. Anyway, I painted the helmet and one shoulder attachment. I added a vent-like thing to both sides of the helmet for air circulation and detail. I want to put the padding into the helmet tomorrow and attach the visor, but we'll see how it plays out. I might also finish one of my shoulders, so I could possible have one arm finished tomorrow.

Shoulder Attach
2012-08-22_18-55-28_215.jpg

Helmet Front
2012-08-22_18-54-39_743.jpg

Helmet Side
2012-08-22_18-54-46_384.jpg

I officially finished an arm. Idk if this is good or bad, but I made the armor slightly larger than the pressure suit underneath, which allows the armor to be held up without straps.(the sections of where the pressure suit is armor is exactly where the shoulders and forearms go). When i tried them on, I had to carefully slide them on, but i waved my arms vigorously and the armor did not budge at all, so i don't believe I will need a strap system or anything like that for my arms. I definitely will for my legs. Take a look!

2012-08-24_12-43-46_685.jpg

2012-08-24_12-43-56_285.jpg

Cut out the visor. HASNT BEEN MOUNTED YET! I need Mighty Putty or a substance like it to fill in the gaps and i don't wanna mount it until I have it.

2012-08-25_16-36-13_432.jpg

Wow you actually cut it to fit?!?!

I just cut the general shape and placed it inside the helm so it looks like it's attatched. I also accidentally left room for air to flow out under it.....Totally by accident but worked really well.

You good sir are crazy! Oh and I like the air vents. Very nice touch.

Wow you actually cut it to fit?!?!

I just cut the general shape and placed it inside the helm so it looks like it's attatched. I also accidentally left room for air to flow out under it.....Totally by accident but worked really well.

You good sir are crazy! Oh and I like the air vents. Very nice touch.

Yeah, I though a lil more detail would be nice. I don't have the experience or means to like some guys on here, but i thought theyd look cool. I cut it to fit, but i still neded a way to attach it, inside of just letting it sit there ha. Inside of mighty putty, I used a glue substance used for tiling. It's not chalk, but it has a similar texture. I easily smoothed it around the visor, cleaned the visor up and it should be completely dry by tomorrow. I think it looks badass personally and I'm the one who did it. Check it out:

2012-08-25_17-48-12_321.jpg

2012-08-25_18-18-34_188.jpg

2012-08-25_18-18-48_247.jpg

I finished the helmet. The picture that follows isn't up to date. I added a bit of metallic finish on the battle damage areas so theres a shine to it. I also re-did the blade of the knife to make it more real looking. I also finished a boot. Nothings attached because i want to find a way to attach the boot but not make it permanent. If i can't then it's okay. Tell me what you guys think about everything.

2012-08-26_16-08-31_802.jpg

2012-08-28_17-59-02_846.jpg

2012-08-28_17-58-56_523.jpg

your work looks fantastic. i like the perfect cut visor. how did you attached the visor in the helmet?
but sorry to bother you... why didnt you spend some more time in smoothing your armor? is that on purpose? the color could look better with a smoother surface.

Cut out the visor. HASNT BEEN MOUNTED YET! I need Mighty Putty or a substance like it to fill in the gaps and i don't wanna mount it until I have it.

2012-08-25_16-36-13_432.jpg

on this picture you can see a lot of hills,mountains and valleys on the top of the helmet :-( if you spend some time you can smooth 90% of your armor without any trouble

your work looks fantastic. i like the perfect cut visor. how did you attached the visor in the helmet?
but sorry to bother you... why didnt you spend some more time in smoothing your armor? is that on purpose? the color could look better with a smoother surface.

on this picture you can see a lot of hills,mountains and valleys on the top of the helmet :-( if you spend some time you can smooth 90% of your armor without any trouble

I did it purposely because I don't like the perfectly smooth helmets. It's not realistic. Yes it doesn't look like it'd be in a showroom or anything, far from it, but it's suppose to look like it's be worn and used. Honestly, the use of the metallic paint that i put on today works really well with the detailed flat black and gray. It looks like dirt got into the scratches and the helmet went through a freaking war. The way i attached the visor was using a glue substanced called "Super Stik". I used the same stuff to attach the handplates to the gloves. It is SUPER solid. It takes a bunch of force to make it even budge. I highly recommend that stuff. It's also extremely useful in my situation because it dries the same color as my paint(flat white). Also, that photo is the first layer of paint and primer(filler primer). I put 2 coats on every piece. The update pic is here:

2012-08-28_23-03-10_338.jpg

I posted it on "Halo 4 Fans" fan page on facebook and got a ton of likes. The main concern was nobody likes the color white, except i've never seen a white suit..ever. My character in Reach is white, with black and red trim, so I'm sticking with those colors. So far, they come out great. It looks like i survived a plasma blast. Both arms should be finished a dry tomorrow and i can start/finish up the thighs and/or second boot. I really don't have much left to do since I'm not gonna worry about electronics. Also, keep in mind this is my FIRST build. I have NEVER done anything even remotely close to this. Me making a pinewood racer for boy scouts is prolly the closest thing.Thanks guys!

Completion status-
Helmet-Done(i think it's badass)
Handplates-Done(2/2)
Shoulder attachments-Done(2/2)
Upper arm-Done(2/2)
Forearms-Done(2/2)
Shins-TBC(1/2)
Boots-TBC(1/2)
Thighs-TBC(0/2)
Chest-Need to be re-pepped(0/0)
COD-Need to be re-pepped(0/0)

The boot just needs to be bondoed, sanded and painted. That can be all done tomorrow, same goes for the shins. The thighs, cod and chest will prolly take up the rest of my week.

I'm gonna re-do my thighs, definitely. I realized today the files(MOST of Reach files) do not include a certain detail in the thighs. It's prolly for the best anyway since either way, I have to re-rondo the inside of them. The files i have now aren't particularly strong. I might just pep tomorrow the 2 thighs and at night i'll finish the second boot. I'll also post photos of me with both arms complete.

Sorry Guys haven't posted in awhile. JEEZ since AUGUST! wow. Anyway, I've gotten alot done. Only one more shin needs to be bondoed and painted. I had to re-do the chest, cod, and both thigh pieces. These are the biggest pieces of the armor. Gladly, the rest is relatively finished, besides having to piece it together so it'd fit on me. The helmet looks great beside everyone saying i should paint it the WEIRDEST colors (purple, grey, light blue) I want the armor i use in Reach so, if you guys want those colors, make your own helmet.

Quick update. Still need to finish the thighs, chest, and Cod piece. Only need to paint and sand everything else. I will pick up again thanksgiving weekend and should be done by then. I have everything pepped except the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back