??Contest??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow92fire

This is just an idea but lets have a Viewers Choice Mjolnir Armor. Someone with more skill could set up a poll and we could then make the BEST suit possible. Then after it was made we would raffel it off to one lucky member (if they want to but who wouldn't). this would be run and made by the BIG guys such as Adam, and Doom. if you think that we should post here that way we can get approval from Adam (seeing that he runs this site). I will accept anyone who is a vetran or higher in helping with this.

Shadow Dragon

What does the person who made the armor get? It takes a lot of money to make armor, I don't think they'd just give it away in a raffle.

We would have to buy the Raffle tickets. This money would go toward the armor. This is the answer for the money. Plus Adam has to approve, as well as the other guys, so right now its just an idea. Although, with your help we can make this idea into a reality. Seeing you are a vetran would you please tell others about this Topic? Pus if needed we would up the price a few cents so that te makers get some money out of it.

Shadow Dragon

P.S. It will be sort of like DIY's Blog Cabin to give ya'll (i am a southern boy so get over it) a better idea I sent a PM to Adam to look at i so i am still waiting for word back.

Shadow Dragon

Yeah im in but the winner should get somthing. Who would just make the best armor and raffel it off. The should get as much as Adam or Doom, Shean think there armor is worth.Plus the get all the proceeds from the raffel tickets

I hate to be the one to tell you , but most of the contestes held here never end... winners are never chosen, prizes are not given out...

It's not a logistical problem, I think it's just that people move on and forget about stuff rather quickly here.

Yeah I know but we could add to the price (for $15-20 a ticket) and then the money would go to the makers and the left over would go to an savings account for a 405th event. I do see what ya'll are trying to say but may we please give it a shot. if you have any questions aske me by email, that will be faster. Don't forget that there are some 4,000+ members SO SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you
Shadow Dragon

P.S. can ya'll send me an e-mail on how to set up the post in the general forum with poll. or you (Sean, LastSpartan) can take credit if you want and set it up yourself (Sean, LastSpartan, or any ADVANCED people like Adam, Doom) I would like it to look professional.

thanks again
Shadow Dragon

i dont think it will take off......you will need at least 200 people to buy a ticket for that price to pay for the armor

only way it would work is if Adam made an entire new section in the forum dedicated to it.... just my opinion

Even though I am new here, I feel the need to toss in my 2 cents worth.
I think the raffle is a good idea and a bad idea.
Good because someone will get a great set of molded armor for an unheard of raffle ticket price.
The bad....At $4000 for a set of armor it will need to be completly assembled and painted with all the extra goodies.
At a cost of $4000, that is assuming there will be 200 ticket buyers, the maker is going to get almost all profit from the ticket sales as there is no way it costs $4000 in materials and labor to cast out a complete suit. I know that quite a lot of time and money goes into sculpting, molding and casting. but not that much, by a long shot.

I am not trying to upset anyone here, just my HO

aaarggggghhhhhhhhhh you stole my display pic... any way on topic, i dont think armor gets much better than adam's except for blue realm but his is still a work in progress, PLUS like sean and link said we would need to sell a lot of tickets just tom make up the armor price LOTS of tickets. its just not a feasible idea sorry,

Sorry about the pic. Although for ya'll have to remember that this site has 4,200+ members SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!! and we'll have enough people. how doesn't want a suit worth the cost of a raffle ticket???????? So the price to make a fair one is $100 charge $20-40 a ticket this is still cheaper than a good suit. pluss extra chash can go to the suit makers/designers! and MAYBE some will go towards our (the 405th's) first trained unit!! Just an idea. thanks for tell me the truth about how ya'll feel about this. SPREAD THE WORD OVER 200 PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THIS TOPIC IF WE TELL PEOPLE TO LOOK AT THIS TOPIC AND 1 OUT OF 2 SAY YES THIS WOULD EASILY ACCOUNT FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN
SHADOW DRAGON

P.S. please post or pm or contact me if Doom, Sean, Adam, link4044 makes a poll in some other area!!
thanks again
SHADOW DRAGON

Shadow Dragon said:
Sorry about the pic. Although for ya'll have to remember that this site has 4,200+ members SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!! and we'll have enough people. how doesn't want a suit worth the cost of a raffle ticket???????? So the price to make a fair one is $100 charge $20-40 a ticket this is still cheaper than a good suit. pluss extra chash can go to the suit makers/designers! and MAYBE some will go towards our (the 405th's) first trained unit!! Just an idea. thanks for tell me the truth about how ya'll feel about this. SPREAD THE WORD OVER 200 PEOPLE HAVE SEEN THIS TOPIC IF WE TELL PEOPLE TO LOOK AT THIS TOPIC AND 1 OUT OF 2 SAY YES THIS WOULD EASILY ACCOUNT FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN
SHADOW DRAGON

P.S. please post or pm or contact me if Doom, Sean, Adam, link4044 makes a poll in some other area!!
thanks again
SHADOW DRAGON

sorry to break it to you, but heres the breakdown of members.

Broken down by Staus

1 -- Root Admin
5 -- Global Mods
160 -- Vets (50+ posts)
1600 -- Members (< 50 post)
3050 -- Spam Bots... (never signed in or signed in once with no profile views and no posts)

EDIT: also, "200 views" means that some1 has been at the page 200 times. it doesnt have to be a different person each time, if one person sits and goes in and out of a thread, it will count towards views.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot I truthfully needed that. But still I would need adam, the moderators, or someone like your self you has experience to do this. we could still get this working because "WHO DOESN'T WANT A FREE MASTER CHEIF SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" SO PAY A MAX $100 A TICKET THAT IS STILL CHEAPER THAN THE PERSONALLY MAKING THE SUIT. this is good business sense by who much it cost per ticket.

Thanks for all the feedback
Shadow Dragon

"EDIT: also, "200 views" means that some1 has been at the page 200 times. it doesnt have to be a different person each time, if one person sits and goes in and out of a thread, it will count towards views. "

This also means someone may like the idea and keeps comeing back for more information. this is doable, but it just looks hard.
Shadow Dragon

Contest here always end up in arguements. Like Sean's prize with his helmet kit for recording a commercial on spike. 2 people argued. They got runner up prizes. Me and Xavier entered the screenshot contest, i was going to get something from Adam but the thread was mysteriously locked. Soz.

Leadingspartan said:
Like Sean's prize with his helmet kit for recording a commercial on spike. 2 people argued.

Yea, i was one of the people, only Andrew argued, and because he was a pissy little brat, (i say that now because hes been banned twice) i didnt get the kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then if you buy a ticket you would get a number put into a RNG (random number generator) and a computer would tell us the winner and if you complain the the next person i line gets it wothout question a.k.a "I don't like the color" this results in YOU DO NOT GET ANYTHING FOR THIS CONTEST if it works.
I am sorry xavier, and Leadingspartan about those. I hope this will be the one contest that doesn't end in people arguing.

In summary if you buy a ticket and then you argue about something you are disquialified without a return of cash!!! You are to read the rules before buying a ticket.

Thanks for the imput guys,
Shadow Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back