Cool Armor Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gearsofhalo

so I was just hanging around today, and i was thinking of the armor i am starting, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to have an ODST named after me?" and I replied to myself, "YES" then I thought, "What if everyone making ODST armor on the forums made up a cool name out of either their gamertag, or 405th username, and they put it on there ODST armor!" It would be right where in the new game Buck's armor says BUCK, and where Dutch's armor says DUTCH. Mine would say FOX or FOXTROTT because my gamertag is FOXTROTT ALPHA. This way it is easier to tell everyone apart at conventions like Dragon Con when there are a lot of 405th members.

tell me what you think pleeez!!!!

=yea sure I'll put BoMbEr on my odst armor because my gt is bomberinsandals.

Woah!! :eek Really? You're the guy who I got a friend request from on Xbox live? No wonder I didn't know who it was! Lol Thanks for adding me man. I'll get on and add you as a friend as soon as I can. I'm not on Xbox live very often becasue my home internet sucks, but I'll be sure to message you when I'll be able to be on. ;)

um...Kaya....no thanks....Katie maybe (KT = katie)...or perhaps I'll just stick with one of my other nicknames like speedy. We'll see. Gotta finish said armor first.

Actually now that I think about it, I'll put HAMMER TIME on the side chest pieces and maybe the 405th logo on the main chest piece. Now all I need is a gravity hammer *gives dogwizard puppy-dog face*

lol you should toally put hammer time on there. you have one of the catchiest names on like the whole site, so why not use it!

Well, that would make me "Link" or "Null"

hmmmm...I really need to get my ODST going...all the peps are printed out and sitting in their file folders waiting to be cut and glued...

*EDIT* Who's that taking "Rookie"'s place wearing the green armor? ZOMG!

ODSTGroupLink.jpg

I really like this idea and was wondering what else i could do to detail my armor and give it a more individualistic look to it (if thats a word, if not i dub it thee be one).

Where do they have their names though on the odst armor, and you think it could pass over well on standard master chief set up? :/

well, I thank you for liking the idea. and yes, there are alot more things you can do to make your armor more individual and unique. I for one, am basically making the ODST version of the Hayabusa. Meaning, I will be putting a katana on my back just like the hayabusa armor, the katana will be black and say FOXTROTT on it or if i can 405th.

The ODST's in the new game have there names on the top of the middle of their chest pieces. So far I only know of Rookie, Dutch, and Buck. obviously their are more though.

you can probably do a different paintjob on your armor to make look unique, such as, painting it black & white camo, or a greenish black color.

I think that the name idea could work on the spartan but it wont be as cannon as on the ODST from the new game, if you did do it on a spartan outfit you could made use unique spartan numbers instead of a name, just like master chief, his spartan number is: 1-1-7.

soooooooooo many possibilities lol. so can you guys tell me what you think about the sword, keeping in mind FOXTROTT is not just some random thing, it is kind of like a part of me, it has been my Gamertag since 2005.

Gearsofhalo said:
The ODST's in the new game have there names on the top of the middle of their chest pieces. So far I only know of Rookie, Dutch, and Buck. obviously their are more though.

All the signature characters have been named.

L to R:

Dutch, Rookie, Romeo, Mickey, Dare and Buck

newhero.jpg

Once I get my ODST chestplate done, i'm totally going to just slap a strip of duct tape across the top with "LINK" or "NULL" on it in sharpie. It'll give it that unique look not only from the name, but using the tape in proper military style (take a look at US military combat photos, most of the soldiers have their name and bloodtype written on a duct tape strip on the back of their helmet or vest).

Last edited by a moderator:
thats true, and i didnt know all those names....so....thanx for the tidbit of info! the tape and sharpie is cool because it gives it that same general idea, but it is removable if it ever gets on your nerves! good one dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back