cool ideas for suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrelvnne

New Member
i have been very interested and before i found this site i thought i would have to fabricate one myself. which would suck. but im planning on integrating a small 1.5 inch diameter fan into it. also take an older p3 labtop. then get a web cam and convert it to pick up ir and have it relay it back into the helmet into a small screen. havent finished the helm all the way so i have to finish it before i can see where i can mount a tiny monitor. so anyways what kind of stuff have you guys put into your suits? by the ways great job with the suit designs but really gay tutorial on how to wire an led. i mean come one. ill write one and throw it up in a couple days. mabey a switch activated by your chin?
 

Sean Bradley

Sr Member
TyrelVnne said:
by the ways great job with the suit designs but really gay tutorial on how to wire an led.
You'll not be long for this site with an attitude like that. Keep the insults to yourself, and remember that this site is a collaborative effort of many.. insult one and you insult us all.

Good luck with that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spartan 013

New Member
well i've been reading up on alot of halo stuff looking for kool mods for my armor. In the books the spartans have led lights in their helmets that blink to affrim commands and im thinking of doing that, i already have it drawn out.
 
Spartan_013 said:
well i've been reading up on alot of halo stuff looking for kool mods for my armor. In the books the spartans have led lights in their helmets that blink to affrim commands and im thinking of doing that, i already have it drawn out.
Are you going to make the lights radio controlled? Like in the books? If So I would like to see that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gokussj5okazu

Well-Known Member
Spartan_013 said:
well i've been reading up on alot of halo stuff looking for kool mods for my armor. In the books the spartans have led lights in their helmets that blink to affrim commands and im thinking of doing that, i already have it drawn out.
Close but not quite. They don't have any LEDs in their helmets, they have an intigrated lighting circuit on the inside of the visor, kind of like a see-through LCD screen. Along the side of said screen would be a list of active team members, a segment of which would light a different color depending on the team member's condition, or response.

I'm working on a circuit design that will control the head lamps, body lights, fans, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Plus, it's a completely rechargable system that's fully enclosed in the suit. I'll have a design up in the LED/Fan How To topic when I get it finished.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gokussj5okazu said:
Close but not quite. They don't have any LEDs in their helmets, they have an intigrated lighting circuit on the inside of the visor, kind of like a see-through LCD screen. Along the side of said screen would be a list of active team members, a segment of which would light a different color depending on the team member's condition, or response.

I'm working on a circuit design that will control the head lamps, body lights, fans, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Plus, it's a completely rechargable system that's fully enclosed in the suit. I'll have a design up in the LED/Fan How To topic when I get it finished.
I think he meant he wanted LED's in his helmet to act like the Spartan HUD. HUD's and complex electronics are beyond me. So I would like to see your set up when you get it done Gokussj5okazu.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gokussj5okazu said:
Close but not quite. They don't have any LEDs in their helmets, they have an intigrated lighting circuit on the inside of the visor, kind of like a see-through LCD screen. Along the side of said screen would be a list of active team members, a segment of which would light a different color depending on the team member's condition, or response.

I'm working on a circuit design that will control the head lamps, body lights, fans, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Plus, it's a completely rechargable system that's fully enclosed in the suit. I'll have a design up in the LED/Fan How To topic when I get it finished.
What kind of power source will you use battery? Solar power? or an intigration of both?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gokussj5okazu

Well-Known Member
ODST-RAGE said:
What kind of power source will you use battery? Solar power? or an intigration of both?
Large 12v lithium battery packs. They're about 3"X3" and 6" tall, and are rechargable.

I'll have the schematic up in a few days.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

howaado

Active Member
Gokussj5okazu said:
Large 12v lithium battery packs. They're about 3"X3" and 6" tall, and are rechargable.

I'll have the schematic up in a few days.
Just wondering but if you get this to work exactly how you want it to, are the batteries going to be mounted somewhere in the back part of the torso piece?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gokussj5okazu

Well-Known Member
Quadraxis said:
Just wondering but if you get this to work exactly how you want it to, are the batteries going to be mounted somewhere in the back part of the torso piece?
Yep. The batteries happen to fit perfectly into the large spots right between where your shoulder blades would be.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

howaado

Active Member
Gokussj5okazu said:
Yep. The batteries happen to fit perfectly into the large spots right between where your shoulder blades would be.
Awesome, can't wait to see this finished, might do something like this if i can resume progress on my EVA suit.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top