Cortana LED lights question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tori

I am looking for some LED lights that have a 'pulsating' effect, like a data stream/matrix look that pulses through her body. Maybe like some strip lights that are a little bit duller not so bright.
I don't want just plain LED lights that stay on. I was hoping someone had any ideas or have any experience with LED's on suits.

animated_60.gif

Thanks!! :D

I am looking for some LED lights that have a 'pulsating' effect, like a data stream/matrix look that pulses through her body. Maybe like some strip lights that are a little bit duller not so bright.
I don't want just plain LED lights that stay on. I was hoping someone had any ideas or have any experience with LED's on suits.

LEDs are "solid-state lighting" and do not "pulsate" on their own. In order to get them to do that you will need a controller circuit to sequence them. To get a "trail" behind the LEDs, wire a capacitor to each one so when the power switches off for the LED it "fades out" off the capacitor rather than a hard "off". I did something similar with a Knight Rider circuit to achieve the characteristic "comet tail" effect on the red scanner light. All the components would be available as tiny surface-mount parts and can be found quite small. You'll want to seal them against moister damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back