Cortana's New Look, With Other Halo 4 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the new Cortanna, however I think her best look was in Halo3, she just looked more 'real' if that makes sense... As for the elites I like the new feral look.

In general I like what 343 have done with the art style, everything seems allot more realistic, the sparks and explosions are Battlefield quality, and the sounds and distoration from plasma blasts is awesome. I think the whole new direction 343 have gone is a good one.

Yeah it looks like AI in the Halo universe has to be based on a real brain's neural patterns. So all UNSC AI is created from human brains and Forerunner AI is created using the Composer. Both processes are destructive and kill the subject, so for ethical reasons humanity has used recently deceased people; except for Dr. Halsey who needed the best AI possible, so she cloned herself and used the living brains of the clones. One of the reasons she's treated as a war criminal now, I guess - although I'm sure no book of law has a way to deal with killing yourself and surviving it at the same time...

Oh and the Didact needed an army of artificial warriors because any living soldiers fallen in battle would be converted by the Flood, so fighting them would only increase their numbers.
He also wanted to convert humanity because he believed they weren't fit to bear the Mantle of responsibility; and because his children were killed in the first war with the ancient humans and he wanted revenge.

Not exactly right, she made clones of her brain, that isn't why she's a criminal. She kidnapped a spartan. technically. It's explained in Halo Grasslands.

well that might be the old didict, this one is the born star and didict fussion. the frist was most likely killed by the master builder, by what the books say. plus i've got some theorys onto what the forerunner's where like.

Hate to break it man, The Bornstellar didact gave in to the old ones personality, as such he believes in every sense of it to be the didact, and all those reasons be his. That is why The bornstellar didact was/is on a rampage. though I do wonder when hee went back in for imprisonment

Not exactly right, she made clones of her brain, that isn't why she's a criminal. She kidnapped a spartan. technically. It's explained in Halo Grasslands.

well in her jorunal it shows pics of her clones, so yeah their clones, plus cloned the spartans and that was what the criminal thing was that she did, plus cortana was uniqie AI. even in halo 4 you find a termail that tells you that.

well in her jorunal it shows pics of her clones, so yeah their clones, plus cloned the spartans and that was what the criminal thing was that she did, plus cortana was uniqie AI. even in halo 4 you find a termail that tells you that.

True cortana says in the second mission " I'm the first ai to my knowledge to be created from living tissue" I think that's what she says.

In terms of the didact he needs a chill pill, and some plastic surgery to the face.

So you only go by illustrations to prove a point? No. I read the entry in the journal. Halsey didn't clone cortana. Halsey cloned her brain about four times(They were named Specimens H-1 through H-4). Three of the speciemens were kept in cryo while Specimen H-1's neural pattern was successfully transferred and authenticated into an AI Matrix Strata.

It later states that the AI named herself Cortana. So there was no way there could be Multiple Cortanas as each specimen(If they were also made into Smart AIs at the same time as Cortana's "Birth") would make up it's own personality.

Also, the multiple drawings of Cortana was only Halsey drawing here from every angle she could.

okay then this is from the book.

"today i broke civilian laws, UNSC military regulations, and UN colonial mortal dicrata (far from the first time)- extreme measures, necessary measures.

new candidates lack both physical and intellectual agility. still, the law is unequivocal: no living human's brain may be used as an AI matrix seed( the ultra-deep personality scans destroy the organic substrate).

i shouldn't speak ill of the dead.
those who have donated their organs postmortem- the bodies of the caliant, scientific pioneers. heroes all.

simply put, my 3rd-gen smart ais require better material.

the solution, though illegal and unethical, was simple and obvious.

i've cloned myself.'

i stand by my facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back