Could Onyx be the Ark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it would make sense to call the control planet the ark because it is the one that saves all the life in the bible. thats why i think earth = ark

the earth most likely is The Ark, because in the end of halo 2 the arbiter asks the moniter where the ark is... and it just so happens to cut to MC comming out of slipspace at earth, and Onyx I belive is a 'sheild world' which i believe if the forerunners activated the halos they would go into Onyx and the alternate dimension to be safe, but there has to be a way out hopefully we see the other spartans hints that we will in Halo 3 are that they have the SPI armor available but could just be because of the books. my theories.. pretty much most of that one

I saw something on one of bungie's documenteries. (before halo 3 was announced).
This may be erellivant, but Somewhere, there is a sketch (almost loos like a dry erase board) of the structure in halo 3 and it was labled ARK.
I'm not sure if this was the exact same structure (the sketch was kinda sloppy) but It had the same basic features of it.

Yes, that is what that is. It is, more or less, the structure seen in the trailer. I think that ALL of this will be tied together by Iris and Halo 3. I bet there is at least 1 forerunner in Onyx's Dyson sphere. There has to be. It's impossible for The group traped inside it could know if their is or is not any forerunners in there. It's simply too huge.

You know how they make horror/thriller movies here and there where this is no happy ending and everyone dies? What would you say if that's what happens in Halo 3? I'm liking the theories I'm reading on this topic and alot of things make sense. But what if no one makes it to the Ark before destruction time? What if the only survivors of the Halo universe end up being the few spartans in the micro-dyson sphere on Onyx? I know it's pessimistic idea, and one that Bungie hopefully wouldn't do to us, but I'm atleast putting it out there.

Was thinking about the forerunner human link as I was playing through the Library in Halo 1 on Legendary and caught something Guilty Spark said.

"It is good to of found you Reclaimer. I am glad to see that some of the Forerunners were able to survive and reproduce. Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm."

Ya, ive heard him say that too. In fact, i hear him mumbling a bunch of times, which most of im too busy shooting flood to actualy pay full atention.

ALL lies

Youe guys dont know what ur talking about I read the book ghosts of onyxand onyx is not the ark probably earth is? I dont know really but all other theorys are loads of lies!

John-117 said:
Youe guys dont know what ur talking about I read the book ghosts of onyxand onyx is not the ark probably earth is? I dont know really but all other theorys are loads of lies!
There could be more than one "Ark". The Ark on earth serves two purposes: It activates all the Halos at once, and also serves as a shelter to the uninfected. It is a shield, and a sword. The structure on Onyx fits the Term "Ark" verbetim; a shelter. Not that i'm saying the Ark in Halo 3 is Onyx, it's not. Onyx is a different kind of Ark. I bet there are more shield world Arks scattered about the galixy, so that at any given point in time a forerunner can always have acess to a shelter from the "cure that is worse than the cancer". But the Structure on Earth, The Ark, is different slightly from the Shield World Ark. It funtions as a weapon. That is what I'm saying. Ther are many Arks, but one "Command Ark".

Last edited by a moderator:
i have noticed that you guys have been just posting stuff from onyx. the people that say otherwise havent read the book. there is suspicion to believe that earth is a shield world. maybe it is the exit to the shield worlds. maybe it just has forerunner crap in it. but we will find out in 17 days

I think you could relate the ARK to a strategic command center, like NORAD.
when things get really out of control you put in the key (of doom) aka the index,
Then a command is relayed to stations which carry the heavy weapons, thats nuke silos for us and the fortress worlds (halo is what the covies call it) for the forerunners.

Also the entrance to the micro dyson sphere was in the center of the 'planet', I think the forerunners put it there for a good reason.

Also about the latin of the onyx sentinels, it started speaking latin on its own. Ash made the " i don't understnd what ur sayin" gesture and the sentinel started spakin latin. Or I have got to read ghost of O again.

But the Ark could very well also be an/the exit for the micro dyson sphere(s).
The fortress worlds have a certain time untill they can really fire which would give the reclaimers a certain to get to onyx or another shield world.

One last thing, as the micro dyson spheres are in fact slipspace bubbles which serves to keep the inhabitents safe from the detonations, so would a ship in slipspace be hit by a halo detonation. cus if they were, wouldn't the microdyson be kinda useless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back