Could Use Some Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahu

Jr Member
Hello everyone at the 405th, I am stuck and am considering my next step. But some guidance wouldnt be wrong I thought before next step.

Yesterday, I put on a coat of fiberglass spackling paste (we dont have Bondo in Sweden). It comes with a hardener, and I thought I mixed pretty well. It stood that you can sand paper it after 15 min, but I waited a night. And when I started with my rotary tool, 95 % of the helmet was harderned, but those 5 % is making this alot more diffcult. I tried to wipe the most off, but it stucks in my sand paper on the rotary tool, and wont go away. To make it harden to sand paper I was thinking of putting on a coat of Resin?

Anyone that think it is a good ide or should I continue in another way? My work is put on a link under my posts.

All the best!
/Tahu

put some baby powder on it if its just sticky. if its like really wet or whatever you can try another layer of resin o_O

Heat helps resin cure. Set it in the sun for a half hour at a time, them let it cool completely before checking the cure.

Sean Bradley said:
Heat helps resin cure. Set it in the sun for a half hour at a time, them let it cool completely before checking the cure.

Or, if you're feeling ballsy I usually give my stuff a boost by either heating my oven to about 100°F and throw the part in for about 5 minutes; make sure you have good ventilation if you do this because the fumes have to be dispelled afterwards. Or turn the stove (electric elements only, no gas!) on to medium and hold the part with the offending substance about 6 inches over the burner until the resined or bondoed area gets hot to the touch. After the heat goes away it should be cured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the suggestions! I got the problem solved by putting on another coat of resin. And then it was all smooth EXACTLY as I wanted. I really really like how it is starting to show off right now. Sorry now pics at this moment.

How is this body swedish body filler of yours called?

maybe it can be of use to me, at least something european, cuz the stuff i got in germany sucks

Gonna fix some pics, its better than I write the name of it. Also a pic coming how it is looking like right now.

good job with fixing the problem, but how did you solve the sticky problem, it is good that the crisis was averted, but what did yoj do about or who did you take a suggestion from?

I was already from the beginning thinking of using Resin, but I wanted to know for sure from your exp. people. I was on my way going out and take some pics how it went. I be back in half an hour :)

Here is what I use instead of Bondo:

WH9_0936.jpg

Look how it went on my progress thread :)

To be Honest mate, I dont know. I found two cans in a box I had in my basement. Here are the manufacturers website (on swedish) but I dont see any Webshop. I think it is sold on buildshops and such.

Perhaps you can use a similar, but be sure to get one with a hardener included, as mine on the pic at the lid.

Where is the website?

I think you forgot the link xD

Ill google PALSTIC PADDING and translate it into my language by google

I found something... but it's a tube, 165 grams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back