Could Use Your Input On My Chest Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so i'm in the process of building a suit of Mk VI armour, and i have the sneaking suspicion that the chest piece if turn out to small (its high is set to 40 centimeters). i know its not done, but what do you guys think ?

[attachment=10225:chest size tester 1.jpg]

[attachment=10226:chest size tester 2.jpg]

It does look small... how tall are you?

Reason why I ask is because my first torso was scale at 40cm and it fits me pretty good (I'm 5'8).

pooper said:
It does look small... how tall are you?

Reason why I ask is because my first torso was scale at 40cm and it fits me pretty good (I'm 5'8).

i'm an inch or two taller than you then... i'm not totally sure, but my dad is 5'8 and i'm taller than him, so i'm going to say 5'9 and a bit. i also have a broader chest than most people my height (the down side to being an athlete my whole life)

"I looks a tad small. Id say go up about 5-10% of what you have and youll be money."

and that is what i was thinking, i didn't think it was THAT far off.

Last edited by a moderator:
im 5'9 and thick chested also for work..but i scaled my to 408mm and its tight fit, i kind have to suck it in a little bit..

Remember, that thing is going to be a whole lot smaller when you're wearing under-armor. Give it half a centimetre, maybe one.

mc hammer time said:
i say try 42 cm. Its not too big, and not too small, but it has a little wiggle room.

thanks for all the comments, and yeah mc hammer time, i was thinking of upping it to 42, that pretty much just confirmed what i was thinking so thanks =D

just wondering, i kept adding to the chest piece i was building, and the bottom part goes to my diaphragm, and taking into account that fiberglass and resin will take up room, i'm thinking upping the measurement from 40cm to 42cm.... but being the lazy perfectionist that i am, just wanted at least a couple people to think that 42cm should be right on the money, this is what it looks like on me:

[attachment=10237:chest tester 3.jpg]

there is about a hand width between the bottom of the chest piece and the top of where the cod should be sitting, so i feel its CLOSE to the right measurement, but not quite close enough

i think that the size u used for the chest piece in the pic is perfect the fiberglass wont take up a super amount of room.But you go with what u think feels right.

Harding29 said:
i think that the size u used for the chest piece in the pic is perfect the fiberglass wont take up a super amount of room.But you go with what u think feels right.

all right, thanks =D. my biggest problem is the neck hole, my head doesn't fit through it all that well and once the resin and fiberglass sets in there wont be any give (and i don't plan on cutting the chest piece and the back piece in two). after your comment i'm thinking only upping it to 41 so prolly the better solution for how i want to make make things in the end.

ok man some advice if you don't want to start over would be to find an area in the armor where there isn't a lot of folding or difficult stuff and cut a line horizontaly threw it. then take some paper and add as much more room as needed. i did the same thing to my thighs when i relized they would pop if i tried to bend. maby check out my thread on sizing? i think it might help with future problems.

Sgt Whoopass said:
ok man some advice if you don't want to start over would be to find an area in the armor where there isn't a lot of folding or difficult stuff and cut a line horizontaly threw it. then take some paper and add as much more room as needed. i did the same thing to my thighs when i relized they would pop if i tried to bend. maby check out my thread on sizing? i think it might help with future problems.

this is true. i had forgotten about that, i will for sure check out this thread lol any help for sizing is always appreciated lol

Outlaw-Tiger said:
this is true. i had forgotten about that, i will for sure check out this thread lol any help for sizing is always appreciated lol

lol, yeah no problem, I've been in that exact same problem with my thighs, they were way too short so i fixed them the ghetto way. all ways happy to help

if u make it into 2 pieces (a front and a back) and tie it together with buckles and strapps, then u should be golden. plus it would help with putting it on when it's done. that's just a thought cuz i was going to do that with my chest piece

Sgt Whoopass said:
lol, yeah no problem, I've been in that exact same problem with my thighs, they were way too short so i fixed them the ghetto way. all ways happy to help

hahaha niiiice =D

halodude164 said:
if u make it into 2 pieces (a front and a back) and tie it together with buckles and strapps, then u should be golden. plus it would help with putting it on when it's done. that's just a thought cuz i was going to do that with my chest piece

and yeah. after sleeping on it i think cutting it into two pieces is prolly the best course of acction

TwitchFMX8811 said:
I looks a tad small. Id say go up about 5-10% of what you have and youll be money.

i agree it does look small, and people please do tell why is the color diff color, i that just the type of cardstock he bought?

SPARTAN-Mills117 said:
i agree it does look small, and people please do tell why is the color diff color, i that just the type of cardstock he bought?

haha turns out the chest piece is pretty much the right size. just had to finish putting the main bulk of it together lol. and my card stock is different colours cause the only 110lb card stock that is sold around where i live comes in a pack of assorted colours. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back