Covenant carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I appreciate the offers to help with this project, I'm really just wanting to complete this myself.

I remember coming across that thread with the trekkie wood carver, that's hilarious. I'm not that much of a tard when it comes to these things.

haha just kiddin

and you should get one of those green wicked lasers that are like 100$ yea it is pretty expensive. but even if you get a 15 mw one that is still bright enough to light up any room and the laser beam can even be sen during the day.

ill post links and there are someother sites i know that you can just buy the diode part all together and it is cheaper this way you can configure it however you want.

If I were you (which I'm not...), I'd make a mold of this thing and cast a pastic version.
That way it'd be alot easier to paint and detail and what not.

brainiac said:
As much as I appreciate the offers to help with this project, I'm really just wanting to complete this myself.

I remember coming across that thread with the trekkie wood carver, that's hilarious. I'm not that much of a tard when it comes to these things.

not saying that your are and we are not trying to take over your project just wanted to help...i would spray with my plastic thats meant for foam so you can sand it and paint it

Last edited by a moderator:
This question's not getin' answered and it's DRAHVIN' ME CRAZEH!!!!!! :hyper:
Will the clip be removable? hehe.
How will you do the barrel? Foam seems a bit brittle for the job. Too much of a chanse of it breaking while carving. Will you be putting a rod or something in the barel?

xalener said:
This question's not getin' answered and it's DRAHVIN' ME CRAZEH!!!!!! :hyper:
Will the clip be removable? hehe.
How will you do the barrel? Foam seems a bit brittle for the job. Too much of a chanse of it breaking while carving. Will you be putting a rod or something in the barel?

Oh, you were being serious? Nah, I'm not really worried about functionality with this thing, I'll be pleased just to get the shape done right. Surprisingly enough, the foam is not brittle at all, it's pretty resilient and can flex quite a bit before you'd need to worry about it snapping. This is not your typical styrofoam that you get at hobby lobby, it's pretty dense. Plus I'm extremely careful handling this thing, so the barrel is not something I'm worried about breaking, although when I do get to actually making a cast of this, I will definitely be considering using a pvc tube or something to reinforce the barrel, but considering the barrel will be 3 1/5" at it's widest and 2 1/2" at it's narrowest point, the casting material might actually be strong enough to resist breakage. I've heard of guys using carbon fiber inside the cast to reinforce, so that might be a possibility as well.

You can get graphite sheets and kevlar/graphite weaves for Fiberglass-type applications.

Maybe he meant one of those? <,<

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the encouragement. I just got back in town from my grandfathers funeral, so I have'nt had much time or desire for that matter to work on this lately. I decided to buy a hot knife/wire kit to finish this project off and see how well it works, so I'm taking a time out until the kit arrives. Plus I just picked up a pretty nice set of trooper armor(Follano for those who are in the know) so thats taking away some of my attention right now. If any of you guys are into the SW thing, you can check out my myspace page, I've got some pics of my TE armor on there done up all black (shadow stormtrooper) : www.myspace.com/jedialysis You can add me as a friend and it could be a better way to contact me regarding my carbine or future Halo related costumes I do in the future. I'm constantly visiting back here but there are other sites I'm reading regularly too as well as new sites I've been discovering, so I don't always have the time to give props to all the other talent assembled here.

Here's a snapshot of my kid in his 501st armor kit I put together for him for celebration IV. I just trimmed, painted and put it together. It was last minute and had a week to complete it before CIV so it still needs a little work, plus I've got a better belt for it now.
123wq1.jpg

I'd like to start on a mini master chief set of armor hopefully soon, as I just recently picked up a vacuum form table (yay). I thought about possibly making a 4 or more piece vacuform kit of my carbine as well as the resin version. It could possible be a cheaper alternative using the vacuform kit for any of you wanting to use it as a base to modify and add detail to. As most of you already know, the detail won't be as sharp and would require someone to put a bit more effort into it, but is'nt that the fun part?

I wanna see the finished product, it looks really nice, but it stinks your taking a break, o well i can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back