That really looks nice! nice work! I was looking at those kustom canz because they do candy coat directly through a can. I'm looking forward to how that particular paint works.

That really looks nice! nice work! I was looking at those kustom canz because they do candy coat directly through a can. I'm looking forward to how that particular paint works.
Yeah its really interesting ! Though saying an airbrush/hvlp finish from a spray can is a really high claim... and with recent results... hopefully it was just a defective can because I really want to like this brand ...

Just a small update, I contacted customer service and they're sending another can of chromacoat that (hopefully) wont leak. I just wanted to play it safe because I have so little as it is, and a leaking can means loss of pressure and loss of paint. I'll include a picture of the leak.
1695683714672.png

Starting a plasma rifle build ! Im going to take my time on this one and make it absolutely perfect. Heres a picture of what I have printed so far, with a banana (lol) for scale. More info concerning paints and other plans coming soon !View attachment 334526
I feel like the banana should become the default scaling reference for all cosplay props... Lol.

This thing looks amazing! Great job.

Holy cow I can't wait to see your final product! You have to show us a dark photo so we can see the glow. And I love your paint choice! And you are on the right track to get your cool hex pattern effect. I see people do something similar with a carbon fiber look:
good looking out i need to surf you tube some time. great find

Just a small update, I contacted customer service and they're sending another can of chromacoat that (hopefully) wont leak. I just wanted to play it safe because I have so little as it is, and a leaking can means loss of pressure and loss of paint. I'll include a picture of the leak.
View attachment 336374
if you like it spray a flat part of some thing so if you want more you can go to a auto shop and they can mix it right there because they can scan it and the computer will tell them how to make it.

if you like it spray a flat part of some thing so if you want more you can go to a auto shop and they can mix it right there because they can scan it and the computer will tell them how to make it.
Even with color changing cans ? Also do they sell it in aerosol ?

Even with color changing cans ? Also do they sell it in aerosol ?
they can mix it so you can use it in a airbrush or they can put it in a spray can. also if you look at your local wal-mart in the spray section they have color changing paints they have some that are rattle cans and they have the folk art i attached a picture of the paint i was Suprised checking there

Attachments

• FolkArt-Acrylic-Paint-Set-Color-Shift-Metallics-Gloss-Finish-6-Pieces.png
    FolkArt-Acrylic-Paint-Set-Color-Shift-Metallics-Gloss-Finish-6-Pieces.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • shift purple.jpeg
    shift purple.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 47
they can mix it so you can use it in a airbrush or they can put it in a spray can. also if you look at your local wal-mart in the spray section they have color changing paints they have some that are rattle cans and they have the folk art i attached a picture of the paint i was Suprised checking there
Huh interesting. Ive tried some of the color changing rattle cans from walmart and theyre okay, just not as good quality so thats why I went with the more expensive ones this time. I will however have to check out the auto shop thing and see the pricing on that because i havent heard that option before... Thank you so much for all the advice as well !

Its been a bit. Apologies for that. Life has been uber busy. But anyways, here we are, pretty much ready to put the matte hex pattern on. Ive put it on a test spoon and it looks okay, i dont really like how big the spacing is between the hex pattern but it works i guess.
20231011_153731.jpg

Its really faint but i think thats okay, so hopefully if i screw it up itll have less damage haha. I should get to that today, if all goes well.

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back