covering eva foam in a liquid clay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
so I made a halo 5 recruit helmet about 2 years ago... I wanted to finish it. procrastination am I right? it was the first project I ever did and it was pretty rough, but not bad. pretty good actually, just had some holes and not flat-ly ideal spots. I was putting down clay but that was taking Way to long and on top of that I would have to sand it. I asked my family what to do and I was asked if there was anything I could dip it in to give it a coat of something that would dry out hard, fill in all my holes and gaps, and I could sand down. I didn't think it would work but now that I went over it, it sounds like a good idea. does anyone know of something I could use? hopefully cheap and convenient? thanks

so I made a halo 5 recruit helmet about 2 years ago... I wanted to finish it. procrastination am I right? it was the first project I ever did and it was pretty rough, but not bad. pretty good actually, just had some holes and not flat-ly ideal spots. I was putting down clay but that was taking Way to long and on top of that I would have to sand it. I asked my family what to do and I was asked if there was anything I could dip it in to give it a coat of something that would dry out hard, fill in all my holes and gaps, and I could sand down. I didn't think it would work but now that I went over it, it sounds like a good idea. does anyone know of something I could use? hopefully cheap and convenient? thanks

Woodland Scenics Foam Putty might just fit your description. It's an air dry putty that it great at gap filling and can be sanded smooth easily with 220 grit. I'd still give it a sealer coat overtop but this stuff is pretty good on it's own and goes a long way. For reference I used about a quarter of the container to clean up the seams of my full Spartan.

Woodland Scenics Foam Putty might just fit your description. It's an air dry putty that it great at gap filling and can be sanded smooth easily with 220 grit. I'd still give it a sealer coat overtop but this stuff is pretty good on it's own and goes a long way. For reference I used about a quarter of the container to clean up the seams of my full Spartan.

Great! Ill give it a try! thank you

I have a convert! Hahaha. I told you you'd like the stuff. It's like magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back