smilie120

Sr Member
Ok I saw that slyfo, had finnished the cqb helm so I started on it yesterday
This is what I have so far

dsc00951yc5.jpg

and these are my plans...

cqbhelmah1.jpg

many thanx Slyfo.

If I continue to work on this il have it finnished by the end of the day (expect updates VERY soon!)

--smilie120

smilie120 said:
Thanx link so nice to have a compliment from such an awsome dude

il have updated in about 1 hour
Wow cool is it anything like the regular helmet harder easier?

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
Have you seen that knife body thing too?
Love it but how is the visor gonna fit in this will be officialy the first one since all the others wont be this good. =] Is it like the Mark VI helm? Easier, Harder? More pieces?

smilie120 said:
It surprisingly easy to build but it does have a LOT more pices, and it still is quite hard..
Are you scoring it you think i should start on a helmet now and get it done by the end of today (Mark VI) Looks very nice how you gonna put visor in though?

Leadingspartan said:
Are you scoring it you think i should start on a helmet now and get it done by the end of today (Mark VI) Looks very nice how you gonna put visor in though?

I havnt got a clue, il just see how it works out as I go along :p

smilie120 said:
I havnt got a clue, il just see how it works out as I go along :p
Ok well good luck i gotta go resize my pep helme cause it barely fits a 4 year old-.-/

Yeah I took some measurements of my head before I started this and i think it might fit perfect :). il get an update now i havnt mad much progress because i had to do somthing for my aunties wedding :mad:

Progress=---

just completed constructing the left cheek
dsc00953bp7.jpg

dsc00952nz3.jpg

il have another update in 1 hour :p

Leadingspartan said:
Love it but how is the visor gonna fit in this will be officialy the first one since all the others wont be this good. =] Is it like the Mark VI helm? Easier, Harder? More pieces?

Leadingspartan said:

Honestly fellas, I don't see why anyone would view the insertion of the visor being anymore difficult on this helmet than the standard Mk VI. From what I can tell of the plans smilie posted in the first post, the CQB helmet has roughly the same forward curvature for the visor. Therefore, one can still use a replacement visor for this build. You can do it one of two ways:

1. Trace the outline of the visor area on the replacement visor and cut it to shape (with a Dremel or some other motorized cutting tool) to fit snug in the opening;

2. Leave the replacement visor intact and simply adhere the unseen portions to the inside of the helmet. It'll still look like it's supposed to, but less work is involved on your part;

And there you have it. Seems like a pretty simple task to me. Then again, those are just my suggestions/opinions on how to handle the visor aspect of the build. Take it or leave it... :whistle:

P.S., Your CQB helmet's looking good so far, buddy. Keep it up...

SPARTAN II said:
Honestly fellas, I don't see why anyone would view the insertion of the visor being anymore difficult on this helmet than the standard Mk VI. From what I can tell of the plans smilie posted in the first post, the CQB helmet has roughly the same forward curvature for the visor. Therefore, one can still use a replacement visor for this build. You can do it one of two ways:

1. Trace the outline of the visor area on the replacement visor and cut it to shape (with a Dremel or some other motorized cutting tool) to fit snug in the opening;

2. Leave the replacement visor intact and simply adhere the unseen portions to the inside of the helmet. It'll still look like it's supposed to, but less work is involved on your part;

And there you have it. Seems like a pretty simple task to me. Then again, those are just my suggestions/opinions on how to handle the visor aspect of the build. Take it or leave it... :whistle:

P.S., Your CQB helmet's looking good so far, buddy. Keep it up...

i got a secret plan for the visor :D

update in 30mins now.

smilie120 said:
i got a secret plan for the visor :D

update in 30mins now.
Yay i wanna see it Im starting on my Mark VI helmet hope i finish though. ok see ya in 2009.lol

Ok update! Sorry its been 2hours I got carried away lol.

-=progress=-

dsc00954ge2.jpg

dsc00955dn7.jpg

ok i have to have food now and then i got my twl bf2 clan match. So itl be about 2-3hours befor the next update :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back