OK here's the pics.

1634690735_5d4d267e39.jpg

3/4 view.

1635569308_9a2c078f8e.jpg

Rear 3/4

1635569920_af57aa7ce4.jpg

Under/inside

1635570256_6b222c42be.jpg

It does fit on my head. Face censored for my paranoid dad.

I hope to use spase's method for smoothing it, although I may just use "mud." It'll have cooling fans and LEDs and all eventually.

PLMKWYT

Nice job.

You could have just painted a fake visor over your face in paint or something for your dad's sake..lol.

Looks good hope to see it finished. Hopefully my EVA helm will come out as good as that.

Thief.... simple thievery.... j/k... Keep me updated...

I was going to do this one next but now, and against my better judgement, I may attack that terrible noob Hyabusa Helmet... at least for the satisfaction of seeing my MC hump the busa in a couple pictures and videos like I do in the game... regardless, it would be a pretty cool helm to have as a display piece...

Also, you edited your face out of your helm pic, yet you have your pic posted in your profile... lol, thought I would let you know...

Again, looking good so far...

Now I gotta make one!

Soo many things to make lol

Because it has so many delicate parts it is smoother, I doubt you would need to sand it to smooth it when resin/glassing, it looks good the way it is.

Spase said:
Also, you edited your face out of your helm pic, yet you have your pic posted in your profile... lol, thought I would let you know...

Again, looking good so far...

the identity of the victim has been changed to protect the innocent... very cool progress indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
drgon47 said:
Thats looking quite cool. Fiberglassing ?
Yep. I hope to get the stuff either tomorrow (Saturday) or Monday.

Spase said:
Thief.... simple thievery.... j/k... Keep me updated...

I was going to do this one next but now, and against my better judgement, I may attack that terrible noob Hyabusa Helmet... at least for the satisfaction of seeing my MC hump the busa in a couple pictures and videos like I do in the game... regardless, it would be a pretty cool helm to have as a display piece...
Sounds cool. I actually like that helm, despite the non-Halo-ness. Keep me updated and I'll keep you updated. Deal?

Slyfo said:
Whoa, awesome! How long did it take you?
4 days of work in lunch breaks and after school (I'm homeschooled so it's not like I took it to school...)

Spase said:
Ssshhh.

AoBfrost said:
Because it has so many delicate parts it is smoother, I doubt you would need to sand it to smooth it when resin/glassing, it looks good the way it is.
I want this to be as close to perfect as I can get it, so I will be sanding/dremeling (need to get me one of those, too...)

Thanks for the kind words, y'all! :)

Unique Name said:
4 days of work in lunch breaks and after school (I'm homeschooled so it's not like I took it to school...)

Hey I'm homeschooled too...gotta love the excess time.
I've done all types of school(public, private-everything), and homeschool is the best.

The CQB looks great so far.

I'm sure the extra large one will, just cut off the edges since it doesnt go to the sides of the helmet.

Btw, when making the helmet, did you have the fold mountains as valley? Original I tried slyfo's models and they were inside out, did you have to make yours that way? Or was the inside out issue corrected?

AoBfrost said:
I'm sure the extra large one will, just cut off the edges since it doesnt go to the sides of the helmet.

Btw, when making the helmet, did you have the fold mountains as valley? Original I tried slyfo's models and they were inside out, did you have to make yours that way? Or was the inside out issue corrected?

I had mountain as mountain and valley as valley.

ojrtega said:
wow can i get the file for that helmet plz.
Read the threads, they are very easy to find.

he even said who he got it from, just look for the thread made by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back