crackhead09's Body Filler & Spot Putty Tutorial

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by crackhead09, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackhead09

crackhead09 Well-Known Member

i dont think necroing a sticky is actually bad but yes my audio is down because of the copyright infrigment bs so eventually ill add a new one but now i have no camera so i dont know how soon i can do this guys

2. Sherm

Sherm Jr Member

First post, Yay!
    Thanks man, turns out, my friend and I had no idea how to properly use bondo. This helped a lot.

3. IceTray

IceTray Jr Member

I've come questionably close to attempting to guess what it is you're saying, haha.
    I'm sure it was a great tutorial like the rest, hopefully someday see a new one that WMG doesn't get muted.

4. versusINK

versusINK New Member

ahhh! *shriek* where's the audio?! D=

5. mightymints

mightymints Member

Damn, you tube is saying you have used music you shouldn't have basically. Read the replies in your video to see how to get the sound back though.

6. crackhead09

crackhead09 Well-Known Member

well i just disputed the video lets see what happens.

the sound is now back up enjoy it like its meant to be free of copyright hopefully for good

7. woduddl0303

woduddl0303 Member

where did you get the spot putty? I've look in Walmart, but they don't have it ..... can I just use the cream harder for this?

8. Harding29

Harding29 Well-Known Member

they hav it at walmart,its in the automotive section,its body filler,if u ask someone that works in the auto department im sure they can tell u where it is,if they really dont have it go to auto zone,pep boys ,or a place like them

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  9. woduddl0303

woduddl0303 Member

ok thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  10. Canadian42283

Canadian42283 Jr Member

Nice bondo video it helped me with my bondo work

11. Canadian42283

Canadian42283 Jr Member

This video helped me a;ot with my Bondo work. Thanks crackhead ! !

12. KrAZiiMan117

KrAZiiMan117 Jr Member

Thank you so much for this vid.

I thought i was doing something wrong since the bondo was drying so fast on me.

but now i know its normal :)

13. sgtjasonshrout

sgtjasonshrout New Member

Hey, Crackhead... Good tutorial. Just one thing that will help out to make the paint reflect pride in the bodywork... After you've sanded with 100, put about 2 good coats of filler primer (let it cure), wet sand it with 220 grit, then spray a coat of sealer primer and depending on the type, let it flash and go to town with your color coat. Base coat/clear coat will yield the best results. Should you decide to go that route, when applying the clear coat, put on about 5 coats to give you some room for buffing (use 2000 grit for that and polishing compound when buffing).

Single stage paint is durable. Should you go that route, consider Imron by DuPont. It's a hazardous paint, but once it's cured, it's just like spraying on a coat of resin (it is an epoxy based paint).

Hope this helps!

14. Ghost147

Ghost147 Well-Known Member

thanks, I cant wait to try it out!

15. RELLIK NISSASSA

RELLIK NISSASSA Jr Member

Looks like you're getting better with your tutorials.

Keep improving and helping those who need it.

P.S. Camera man did a mutch better job as well.

16. 0235

0235 Member

this was an extreamly helpful tutorial. is it possible for you to put them all together in one to have a super tutorial, or does it already exist and im blind?

17. Jakelton117

Jakelton117 New Member

This was a great tutorial! thanks a ton!

18. kristinakipson

kristinakipson New Member

Hey...Really informative thread. Keep it up.

19. wgeorgi

wgeorgi New Member

Thanks for sharing this tutorial to us. I have learn much knowledge from here.

Thanks,

20. rob234ski

rob234ski New Member

I am very eager to learn about the topics. It is quiet identical and effective may be. Need special attention.

21. Masterchief0624

Masterchief0624

.....:D......

22. ControlrFreak

ControlrFreak New Member

This is a super helpful tutorial. I'm starting my armor soon and this is the step I was the least sure about how to do! Thanks so much.

23. StayFrosty

StayFrosty

While this is a helpful tutorial, please refrain from necroposting. This was posted in 2008, so commenting isn't really necessary.

24. aingeru2017

aingeru2017 New Member

Nice job! That really helps me out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.