crackhead09's Body Filler & Spot Putty Tutorial

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by crackhead09, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkZero375

DarkZero375 New Member

whew good thing i asked lol thanks dude!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017
  2. rvb4life

rvb4life Well-Known Member

I dont know about detailing it, gonna be the harder part for me, since this didnt go over it much. But the DF4L helmet was already smoothed and fairly detailed already, so i guess it dosent matter.

nice tut guys, but you will have to add glaze to the painting tut, as some will want to use that, since it turns out better.

3. Ixius

Ixius Jr Member

Necroed, but in respose to the previous post I believe that the Mud tutorial covers the glaze topic.

4. 104510

104510 Jr Member

Great TUT, im in the process of bondoning rite now, thing is the outside of my helmet is alot more rough then yours, so im bondoing the whole thing, then im gunna sand, then I might bondo again.... we will see

5. crackhead09

crackhead09 Well-Known Member

good luck man

6. rvb4life

rvb4life Well-Known Member

Necroed? its stickied. its not gonna be necroed.

And, i couldnt find anything on glaze in the mud topic, so i think i make a fairly good point.

7. Skupilkinson

Skupilkinson Well-Known Member

Nice tut. I never thought of looking in the vids section for tutorials. Thanks. ;)

8. HaloFreakX

HaloFreakX Well-Known Member

I've got a question, what kind of primer did you use... Company wise

9. SJSUSPARTAN

SJSUSPARTAN Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crackhead09 @ Apr 28 2008, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well here it is as promised sorry if it isnt good because i wasnt too sure what to put in it.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I hope this helps out anyone new</div>

Sweet tut. I will give the 500 grit a try. I usually don't go much higher than 150 due to the fact I use that textured paint that covers any scratches left over. Using the card to smooth out the bondo was a great idea. I've been using a spatula up until now. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  10. Canadian42283

Canadian42283 Jr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crackhead09 @ Apr 28 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well here it is as promised sorry if it isnt good because i wasnt too sure what to put in it.

"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I hope this helps out anyone new</div>

nice video. It helps out alot knowing how to bondo.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  11. lordgenji18

lordgenji18 New Member

Thanks for the tutorial!

12. Franbew

Franbew New Member

great tut i followed this entire thing exactly how u did but one thing strange happened

even though i applied pressure and it almost looking like it wasn't there in certain spots. like how it looked in your tut. but i could still see the polygons after an entire 5 coats of body filler.

anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this problem? i use danny4foodless's hd model and now making the new hd fs model. so that will be easier to smooth

but can anyone help me with this?

13. mattmerritt89

mattmerritt89 New Member

Just a side note if you do make another helmet if you use the bondo gold it dose alot better. You don't get the pin holes you do with the plane bondo. Cost a few dollars more but it saves you a lot of time. But great video it help me explain the process to my friends.

14. oimhead

oimhead New Member

Just a quick question - since I am new at this.

You are using the bondo to eliminate the polyhedron-ness of your helmet right? I only ask this because your helmet looked so nice prior to bondo that I really thought it was perfect. But I suppose it's just my noob eyes.

15. Kirone

Kirone New Member

eeek vid is taken down by youtube is there another place where i can find since i'm in the bondo stage atm

16. BloodAngel011

BloodAngel011 New Member

I'm really sorry about posting in this topic, but (unless it's already been said) the video is no longer available due to a copyright thingy.

17. LastSpartan

LastSpartan Sr Member

Crackhead is currently in Germany if I recall right.

18. crackhead09

sorry guys about the vid i guess i gotta find the file and get it back up lol

19. ampix0

ampix0 New Member

aww dude, because of the music it was taken down. i need this lol

20. crackhead09

well bad news i cant find the video but i may decide to do another BONDO tutorial unfortunatly it wont be the same helmet i might have to do it on my recon helmet instead

21. Harris007

Harris007 Jr Member

well thats great to hear. i look forward to watching your tut

22. tiddysprinkles0

tiddysprinkles0 New Member

aw i really wish this video was available, im about to get started on bondoing

23. woduddl0303

woduddl0303 Member

is it just me or that I can't hear him

24. eclipsetuner018

eclipsetuner018 Jr Member

I cant hear him Ether. The Sound is gone

25. chipscolaman

chipscolaman Member

Yeah something about the copyright of the soundtrack.
    I really looked forward to watch it but was very dissapointed about the missing sound.

I'd loved to see a new one.

Did you use music you didn't buy on itunes?

I heard if you buy music on Itunes, you buy the right to use the song in your vid, too (only on one computer)

That's right, right?

Oh damn, I always look the date up too late. but now I'fe written the post-

sorry for necro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.