Crazy Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

massivek

what if there was a halo MMOFPS! :lol: lik you get to choose to be a ODST, Spartan,soldier, or an elite, a grunt, or jackal!

I'm pritty sure thats the project that Peter Jackson is creating, yet even if it's not, I can't wait for something like it.

I would keep the option of being a spartan out of it, to keep with the Halo Canon, and anyway everyone, besides a few, would want to be a spartan, leaving very little marines and covvys.

It would be pretty cool.

Depends on how it played, what the storyline was, the MMO parts, and so on and so on...

But still and idea for expanding the franchise :devil:

A Halo MMORPG would probably be best constructed like Star Wars Galaxy originally was. Everyone chooses from a few classes, like Soldier or whatever. You play and play and play and eventually, one day, get to choose to switch to the Spartan class....Of course, instead of getting to choose it at a certain level, I'd say the best choice would be for game moderators to pick players at random within a certain area of levels....So not EVERYONE would get to be a spartan just by spending hours of grinding and leveling up. Essentially, the Spartan class would only be available to the Elite.

From what I understand, this is sort of how people attained the Jedi class in Star Wars Galaxy, minus the 'being randomly picked' part. So yeah.

I had been thinking of something like that but it went like this:

You pay X amount of Cr (let's say 100,000,000) and your character's items and stats are put on freeze. Your character is then 'flash cloned" and started over in a separate "Spartan Starting Zone". You're put through "Spartan Training" and you're stats are improved upon. When you graduate as a Spartan ( We could have a 25-50% success rate), you're given back your items, with a re-issuing of weapons and nullification of any body armor you had previous to MJOLNIR.

There could also be specific "Spartan Stores" where you could get an armor upgrade to EVA or CQB, and buy support weapons, high-grade weapons, etc.

Overall, it would rule.

Spartan-419 said:
I had been thinking of something like that but it went like this:

You pay X amount of Cr (let's say 100,000,000) and your character's items and stats are put on freeze. Your character is then 'flash cloned" and started over in a separate "Spartan Starting Zone". You're put through "Spartan Training" and you're stats are improved upon. When you graduate as a Spartan ( We could have a 25-50% success rate), you're given back your items, with a re-issuing of weapons and nullification of any body armor you had previous to MJOLNIR.

There could also be specific "Spartan Stores" where you could get an armor upgrade to EVA or CQB, and buy support weapons, high-grade weapons, etc.

Overall, it would rule.
Kinda like halo runescape. HALOSCAPE lolol i loved runescape when i was smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damien said:
gosh mmorpg's suck away your soul. south park is a good example
Exactly SouthPark: Make Love not Warcraft.

Cartman: Looks like your about to get pwned. *squish*

You what you're suggesting 419, is that you basically start you character over while keeping your previous stats? Sounds like a good idea, I think that's something you can do in the new MMO Tabula Rasa. Don't quote me on it though, lol...

Simple ideas for the Halo MMOFPS.

You pick either Covenant or Humans, you start off in training, and pick your basic class (In Covies, you pick your race and colors, etc...) In human, you customize your character's looks and start off in the Marines. You do training, make it through (you make it automatically) and are issued armor and a weapon. You are then shipped off to a planet to start off, you rise through the ranks,and in Humanity, once you reach the rank of Sergeant, you are available to try to join the ODSTs. Your stats must be at a certain level and you must have a certain level of XP. I'd imagine the game would work the best as a Morrowind-type game. You would then, at a pre-set level and amount of XP, are allowed to try to join the Spartans. You have a 10% chance of being chosen, but when you are chosen at that level, you become one after a bunch of work. If you aren't chosen, you can try again later.

There is a fan made Halo game floating around massivek. It's called Halo Zero. It's a simple side scrolling shooter, and free to download. I can't remember exactly where it's at but if you search for it, you're garaunteed to find it. It's a fun game, I can't say I recommend multiplayer though, but that's only cause my experience with it was disappointing. So yeah.

Lt. Ambrose said:
A Halo MMORPG would probably be best constructed like Star Wars Galaxy originally was. Everyone chooses from a few classes, like Soldier or whatever. You play and play and play and eventually, one day, get to choose to switch to the Spartan class....Of course, instead of getting to choose it at a certain level, I'd say the best choice would be for game moderators to pick players at random within a certain area of levels....So not EVERYONE would get to be a spartan just by spending hours of grinding and leveling up. Essentially, the Spartan class would only be available to the Elite.

From what I understand, this is sort of how people attained the Jedi class in Star Wars Galaxy, minus the 'being randomly picked' part. So yeah.

:
That sounds like a great idea in SW:G before the NGE being a jedi was totally random your character would all of a sudden just be "force sensitve" it would be a great idea for a Halo MMO but instead of just cloning your said character I think that it would be better if your character was started from 1 as a spartan making it a kind of "Sub Job" like in FF 11 but you cant switch back would also be alot more accurate since the Spartan II's were trained from young children

imagine it one day your playing your character then your screen goes dark: "You have been choosen and kidnapped for Spartan Augmentation do you accept?"

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back