Cricut SCAL Cutter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangeranger

Hello everyone,
My wife has a Crucut cutter and software that can cut any .svg file.
I have been trying to convert and export the .pdo files using Pep Designer into Illustrator. I am using Adobe Illustrator to convert to .svg for the Cricut Cutter. I have tried many formats and file types and although I am getting closer to my goal I am also getting more frustrated. Has anyone had success using the Cricut? I have search the boards and found some random hits with one member claiming to use the Cricut but the details were vague.

Please help,
David

I have read all the robocraft threads, I wish that was what I had but my wife has the Cricut. I will keep plugging away at it and once I figure it out I will add a detailed tutorial.

My wife also has a cricut. As I was cutting out shapes by hand last night I thought "I wish I could just do this on the cricut". What is the software that lets you cut .svg files?

An easy way to get the .pdo files into Illustrator would be to "print" to a pdf creator. Then open the pdfs in Illustrator. I'm not familiar with .svg, but I'm assuming they'd probably need vector shapes for the cricut to read. The pdf images would be flat, but at least it would be in Illustrator so you can recreate the shapes.

Let me know if this works for you, I'd love to be able to try it.

Actually, you might be able to just open the pdf and save it out again as an svg.... I'm remembering doing that once methinks. Been a while since though.

I was just looking on the SCAL website and in the features list found this: "Import various file formats, including SVG and PDF"

So, as long as you're using version 3, pdf is the way to go.

Scratch that... version 3 doesn't work with Cricut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back