Crit my armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodajammies

So I'm scrambling to finish my armor by friday (first HALOween party) and I'd like to know what you cats think of it.

Suggest how I can improve / make BR's helm look like trash/ etc. :)

Come get some!
000_0298.jpg

Test paint technique
000_0301.jpg

000_0292.jpg

Bondo Vs. no bondooo
000_0290.jpg

nice shoulder pads, thats what I'm working on at the moment and if they came out that well id be happy

yeah that left shoulder is the only part of my armor that is even half passable. Spent way too long on those and they STILL aren't smooth. *sigh*

Helmet looks pretty good. The vents look great too. I would suggest adding a visor though.:lol: I like the bicep with bondo best. You should try to add some LEDs if possible and a helmet liner. And then add death rays that come out of the top LEDs.

yeah I figured my visors would be here today. It'll be interesting to see how a silver plate looks on these guys.

LeDS probably won't be integrated before halo-ween, no time. :(

Aw, man... that looks like crap...

Kidding, just kidding! lol :lol:

Seriously, that looks good, Yoda. It has a bit of a rough look to it, but in my opinion that helps add to the "realism" of it; makes it appear as though it's been through at least a few close encounters, heh heh. The weathering contributes to that as well. I like that.

Btw, what did you use for the side-front vents on the helmet? That wire loom I've heard some people mention? If so, I'm still having a difficult time trying to find that sort of thing here... :whistle:

As for wiring LEDs into the helmet, I plan on doing the same thing once I'm far enough along with my own build (almost done the helmet, so I clearly won't have the rest of the armour ready for HALOween *sigh*). Have you thought of incorporating the switch(es) into the design? That's what I intend to do on mine. When finished, you won't even be able to tell where the switches are...

Yours and mine both... my helmet's in the final stages of completion build-wise, so nowhere near painted yet... :oops:

Spartan 2 - The front vent parts are cut out of a wire bundler. You could prolly get some at home depot or office depot.

Yodajammies said:
So I'm scrambling to finish my armor by friday (first HALOween party) and I'd like to know what you cats think of it.

Suggest how I can improve / make BR's helm look like trash/ etc. :)

Come get some!
000_0298.jpg

Test paint technique
000_0301.jpg

000_0292.jpg

Bondo Vs. no bondooo
000_0290.jpg
Lovin it!!! NICE Color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back