Not open for further replies.

Crossfire

Heres my progress on my second pep helmet
pep01.jpg

pep02.jpg

Also started hot gluing the inside. Sadly im running low on glue sticks
inside01.jpg

inside02.jpg

Instead of heating up the glue in a portable stove, I took the hot glue gun and some strips on cardboard from a cereal box.
hotglueandstrips01.jpg

Then squeezed about a 1/4-1/2 of a stick into a spot. Then used the cardboard to spread it out.

Nice progress so far. Your other helmet turned out great. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out

are you using your spray truck liner method again or are you going to use resin and fiberglass.
Im going to use bondo fiberglass jelly this time. Along with the truck liner.

sorry to burst your bubble mate, but it looks kinda warped at the top...=\
Mislined the numbers but the bondo should fix that

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished coating the inside with hot glue.
fullhotglue01.jpg

The hot glue gun broke about 2/3 of the way through so I had to push the hot glue through manually.

I also added some cardboard to the back because it wasnt very strong.
supports01.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what scale did you build your helmet at?
Thanks
I didnt need to change the files scale, but others might

Likin the helmet Crossfire! Nice and clean, and it looks like the hot glue method is workin out well!

sorry to hear about your hot glue gun, it shouldnt be too much to replace it.

Frost's hot glue method strikes again, may be altered, but still all credit goes to me for the idea originally ;)

Very nice work, your hot glue inside looks super smooth, the idea using cardboard from a cereal box is a smart idea, but I guess over using the gun killed the spring/trigger :(

Hope the helmet turns out even nicer than the last, your last one was already super nice, now with your experience, this one should be twice as good looking!

Quick Update
Didn't get to go out and buy the bondo and resin. it was pouring rain out side and my parents wouldnt drive me to walmart.
The next day we had to prepare for our skiing trip, but I had a little spare time and did some details.
detailcombocopy.jpg

Wow Crossfire, looking nice! Really lovet he detail, I hope that this turns out better then the last, then it will be SUPER good!

pinkmasterchief said:
How did you put on the ear, neck, and brim details ? ..... Did you glue, tape what? o_O

It's layered pieces of cardstock. I spread elmers glue all over the piece and pressed them together under a text book and dumb bell. It is about 5 pieces of cardstock and attached to the helmet with hotglue.

Right now I am real busy with school so I wont be able to progress any farther until summer. only About 30 something days left :D. I already went out and bought bondo, resin, and a respirator so I'll be ready.

Let me just say that I hope you're not thinking about using Bondo over paper that only has glue on the back...
Hot glue is not enough support for Bondo.
Bondo will crack if the base in which it is applied to, is able to flex. Doesn't matter if its Bondo and resin together.
And I guess you know that resin/fibberglass/bondo won't stick to hot glue :D

Oh and here's a tip if you're working with thick layered cardstock or mat board. A bench grinder works wonders to round off any corners and smooth out edges that might be jagged from the scissors.

Let me just say that I hope you're not thinking about using Bondo over paper that only has glue on the back...
Hot glue is not enough support for Bondo.
Bondo will crack if the base in which it is applied to, is able to flex. Doesn't matter if its Bondo and resin together.
And I guess you know that resin/fibberglass/bondo won't stick to hot glue happy.gif

Im going to resin the out side a couple of times though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back