1st Build Custom Hybrid ODST/EOD Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentats

I'm still unsure if this is the correct place to post this.
However, I'm in the very beginning phases of construction of a custom hybrid helmet I got made for me for a foam build. I generally want some tips for unusual builds since this helmet doesn't generally follow typical helmet builds.
helmetprerender.jpg

The origin of this idea comes from EOD in Reach being my favourite helmet, but I don't think myself so special to cosplay a spartan. Instead I go for a specialized ODST based build.
Another thing that hit me is that I shouldn't probably go with difficult, custom builds as my very first build. Trial by fire or something.
I intend to post my progress here if I can.

I'd also like to hear some ideas of how others would paint or design onto this helmet, so any feedback is welcomed.

Welcome to the 405th! This looks like a really cool and unique idea. Not sure what tips to give that would differ from a standard foam helmet build, except take the time to ensure the model neatly combines the two parts (which it looks it does), so when it comes to unfolding and assembly there's no hassle. Registration marks will be your friend.
In terms of paint and designs, consider: What's your favourite colour/colour scheme? Any decals or patterns you wanna throw on there? And the history of your trooper - where have they fought, what types of battles might they have been in, etc. Those sorts of questions can determine the kind of weathering you could apply.

I'm still unsure if this is the correct place to post this.
However, I'm in the very beginning phases of construction of a custom hybrid helmet I got made for me for a foam build. I generally want some tips for unusual builds since this helmet doesn't generally follow typical helmet builds.
View attachment 326171
The origin of this idea comes from EOD in Reach being my favourite helmet, but I don't think myself so special to cosplay a spartan. Instead I go for a specialized ODST based build.
Another thing that hit me is that I shouldn't probably go with difficult, custom builds as my very first build. Trial by fire or something.
I intend to post my progress here if I can.

I'd also like to hear some ideas of how others would paint or design onto this helmet, so any feedback is welcomed.
You got yourself a very unique idea and it looks awsome! You combined both helmets into one so seamlessly, it looks legit. Also EOD gang!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back