custom reach build for the leutenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, me again.
now im sure you know that im not very good at finishing stuff, but i have good excuses. first off, on my foam build, i made this amazing, high def foam thigh piece. but then my mom decided to use the box it was in to hold the doggie gate shut, so they scratched it all up! its ruined, so i lost faith in that. and of course i screwed up my m6 SOCOM by both messing up with putty and stepping on it
Now, im on the rise, and im making sure this suit gets done and doesnt sustain damage in the process. this suit will be my first one, and my finished one. im planning on a clomplete custom build, none of the customizable parts will match. im planning on making this my halo reach armor in game (as soon as i get CQB helmet unlocked) so it will truly be my own spartan.
pics will come later, since my pieces are at my dads because im fiberglassing this weekend there. but one question: you use body filler to smooth the outside, right?

good luck! just be double sure of your pieces safety!!!! and yes you do use body filler on the outside, but sand the paper off first so you find any bubbles that might have formed, you dont want a weak spot in your armor. personally, i use rondo, rondo is a 1:1 ration of bondo body filler, and fiberglass resin to make a slush, to smoothe out spots on the outside, it smoothes up easier and is more workable. post some pics when you can!

hey guys,
sorry its been so long, i live somewhere i cant work on it, so my helmet stays at my dads. you can expect pictures next week! but i want to know, i did make the halo 3 helmet, but im making reach armor :/. does anyone know what i can do to make it more... 'reachy'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back