Custom uniform for my team WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedva Ko

Jr Member
Typing is not my strong suit so I'm going to make my posts as short as I can with out loosing the info I wish to present. With that said lets get started.

Today I started working on uniforms for my paint ball team, Spartan V NULL Squad. We are a team founded in traverse city mi, and are lovers of halo. As such we are attempting to make armor and clothes for playing. This uniform will be reversible and have the capability to mount the armor to it directly. It will have a 405th patch on one shoulder and a reach Spartan patch on the other (until I can get team patches designed and made for an affordable price. It will the main bulk will be black fabric while the lapel and a section of the collar will be specific to the wearer (mine is red). Now I have already made the pattern (which you will see in the pics) and cut out the collar, right lapel, left shoulder and top layer. I will be making another post for the right shoulder, back bottom layer and lining later. Still trying to decide on adding sleeves or making it a vest. With out further rambling image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

for closing I will be using these:image.jpg
the are metal corset busking from another project that I can't finish so I repurposed them. They will be hidden and with this uniform being fairly form fitting they will be secure. After this wip is done I will link it to my armor wip.

This post will be where I place all my resources. They can also be located here.

corset busking, corset making supplies variable price based on your specific
wrinkleless fabric, black, Walmart. 5-6 per yard
cotton fabric, red, Joann fabric. Unknown as it was a gift
artificial sinew, Red, amazon. About 14 a spool depending on the option you choose. I chose this
artificial sinew, black, amazon. About 14 a spool depending on the option you choose. I chose this

First thing is first: a little lesson on sinew. Sinew is a tough fiber obtained from animals. It was used in all manner of ways by native Americans. From clothes to bows and arrows, it was everywhere. Unfortunately to make sinew thread from natural sources takes a skill I have not mastered so I use artificial sinew. It comes in many colors and is very strong. I buy mine in a thick style and break it down into smaller strands.image.jpg
in this pic I have a section of red sinew in its thick form and broken down into 5 thinner strands. Tying sinew together can be difficult but as it is an artificial fiber like nylon (in fact it might be nylon that is waxed. By the way artificial sinew is waxed so get a block of beeswax to keep it that way) you can tie it together and melt the ends. I use a blood knot and melt the excess to seal it.

remember melt it to make knots secure and keep it waxed. Also break down the sinew to a thickness you need or it becomes difficult to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back