Cutting a 3d file up so it can fit on the printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlethal034

Hey! I'm new here and am looking to start printing my set of reach armor to paint nut I'll inly be doing the helm for now. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough yet to create my own prints so I will have to be buying someone else's. Thus I need help cutting the files up into different sections to print so they can fit on the small printer my campus has. Stay tuned to see how it eventually turns out any help would be appreciated thanks!

Hey! I'm new here and am looking to start printing my set of reach armor to paint nut I'll inly be doing the helm for now. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough yet to create my own prints so I will have to be buying someone else's. Thus I need help cutting the files up into different sections to print so they can fit on the small printer my campus has. Stay tuned to see how it eventually turns out any help would be appreciated thanks!
I can't help you with splitting, but check out our 3d object collection and Mr. Moe Sizzlac on thingiverse before you dish out a bunch of money. You can find most things for free from this amazing community!

Check out the free program Blender, thats what I use to slice files. There's a bit of a learning curve, but also tons of tutorials and Youtube videos. I actually find slicing stl's pretty fun now.

But like FalseShepherd says, there's also a ton of files available and already sliced. Any specific ones you're looking for?

Personally, I use 3D Builder. It's free on Windows and it's super easy to use.
Welcome and good luck on your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back